It's getting much worse here in VA

Some Old Guy

I had a pretty easy time with covid.....but.... I can tell that it left a mark.

My sense of taste is way off from what it was, I get breathless from small exertions, occasional muscle aches that are much worse than pre covid.

I'm certain I had this last year before it had a name, that go round was much worse but I didn't connect the dots to why I was so lethargic this past summer, I blamed age & laziness

Well this episode took a little more, apparently it is cumulative.

I recommend not getting it.

Having it doesn't guarantee immunity, hopefully the vaccine will be effective. I wouldn't be surprised if it was like the flu shot and we have to get it annually, or periodically like the tetanus shot.

• Heart 1

Maryland was doing worse than Virginia in case rate up through early December, but now Virginia's at 58.2 cases/100K and Maryland has dropped a little to 46.7. Maybe VA will move back to the norm. Hospitalizations in MD are a little higher than in the Spring, but critical cases and deaths are significantly lower than then.

Our Governor, Larry Hogan (R), said frustratingly at a press conference just before Thanksgiving, "Wear the damn masks!"  That went viral and suddenly it's "cool" to wear a mask (It's been the law, though not strongly enforced) and reportedly 97% are doing so.  I don't know if that's true all over but the examples of politicians of all parties here has certainly had a positive effect.

image.thumb.png.3ca1b5a4703dbfa42e763950d158241b.png