This is a test

Some Old Guy

... to see if I am in the beginning stages of dementia.  It took me 10 minutes to solve this simple word in the Word Jumble today.  :(   Please solve it and let me know how long it took.  Unless it took you less than 30 seconds.  In that case, it might be better if I don't know.  

S  R  T  O  Y  P  

Just now, Airehead said:

I saw this, this morning.  Could not figure it out.  I figured I was dead.  Then I just saw it here and it jumped right out at me.  HEre it took less than 30 seconds.  

That happens to me too.  Sometimes I just stop looking at a jumble for a few minutes, and when I look back, it hits me right in the face.  :)

I got stop and or right off the bat.  Story works.  All 6 letters I got Sporty.  Took me about 20 seconds   BUT

I really suck at these but this came easy to me.  It was a major fluke.  It's all in the way you visualize things and I am not very creative.  I have no idea if 30 seconds or 10 minutes is good.  

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I got sporty, quickly. But I’m not usually good at word jumbles.

Same here. But I don’t think jumbles are a good measure of dementia. Now recall time, that is a different story. And mine is degrading quite a bit.  The other day it took me minutes to come up with vicariously. :(

51 minutes ago, Taylor said:

... to see if I am in the beginning stages of dementia.  It took me 10 minutes to solve this simple word in the Word Jumble today.  :(   Please solve it and let me know how long it took.  Unless it took you less than 30 seconds.  In that case, it might be better if I don't know.  

S  R  T  O  Y  P  

It's not ready for production prototypes

33 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Same here. But I don’t think jumbles are a good measure of dementia. Now recall time, that is a different story. And mine is degrading quite a bit.  The other day it took me minutes to come up with vicariously. :(

I do the same thing.  Sometimes I use the internet for help.  I type in a synonym or the meaning of the word I am looking for and Voila!  Google comes to my rescue.  :D 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

It took me 10 minutes to solve this simple word in the Word Jumble today.

I could stare at that forever, and never figure it out.  My brain is not wired for anagrams.  

I guess I'll get worried if I can figure them out in a few years.  

• Haha 1