I need something fun...and carefree

petitepedal

So..I told you guys about the lady who was having some lung issues...worried she might have Covid...ends up stage 4 lung cancer that has also gone to her brain...She came back on the weekend..and is in hospice...

Just a few door down is Clint...he was trying for a taxi last Thursday or Friday..his doc wanted him to go directly to the ER..because he would be seen quicker than if he made an appointment..ended up one of the other residents took him down...He had some other things to tell the doc..but he was also...yellow.  He returned today..said the news isn't good...What he said to the "guys" that hang by the lobby fireplace..."I'm a dead man walking" :(  His nephew helped move him in about 3 or 4 years ago..and then about a year later...the nephew died...I am not sure how much other family he has....:(

Only plus for the day...Fred was thrilled with his cookies...and my co-worker Norma asked "Why is he Teacher's Pet" :D  I laughed and told her to give him a bad time.... Fred loves it when I pick on him!!  We do a little of that back and forth....

• Heart 4

You are one of the people here who really impress me with their emotional commitment to their jobs.  The very nature of your job suggests you're going to deal with a lot of loss and sadness, but you make such a difference to so many people.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Pancreas...he said but he doesnt even have all his results yet... 

It is just sad..both of these folks not lived at our building long..and on the younger side..compared to some of the others...

WoLW was so jaundiced from liver failure at the end, that if more than the base lights were on at the room in hospice, I'd have been shocked. I was, when they were turned on after she passed. If it's pancreatic cancer, primary cause of death is hepatic (liver) failure, which is the primary cause of the jaundice.

There's no way around saying it sucks. The best thing is for meds for the pain (and for calm/anti-anxiety, which can be caused by the liver not filtering toxins adequately), and companionship so someone doesn't feel alone.

• Awesome 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 3