If business ownership wasn't so dangerous during covid

maddmaxx

I'd like to start a restaurant.  I'd let oldest son cook, Womaxx bake.  I just had a breakfast for dinner and oldest son turned out the best scrambled eggs I've had in a while.  Green onions, garlic, chopped bacon, various spices (remember he cooks with what he sees that catches his attention.)  Followed that with Meyer's lemon bars from the mix of the same name.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

I'd like to start a restaurant.  I'd let oldest son cook, Womaxx bake.  I just had a breakfast for dinner and oldest son turned out the best scrambled eggs I've had in a while.  Green onions, garlic, chopped bacon, various spices (remember he cooks with what he sees that catches his attention.)  Followed that with Meyer's lemon bars from the mix of the same name.

You're such a romantic....restaurant/food business is tough biz with small profit margins.

Dearie's son's butcher shop is doing...well right now, because in Ontario, restaurants are closed to diners and restrictions are on.  So people ordering to make their own dinners.  

32 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

You're such a romantic....restaurant/food business is tough biz with small profit margins.

Dearie's son's butcher shop is doing...well right now, because in Ontario, restaurants are closed to diners and restrictions are on.  So people ordering to make their own dinners.  

Here I think the best food business is in Food Trucks.

Oh, the hobby shop I should have is a capital investment nightmare as well.

Expensive business to run.  Customers are fickle too.  

We have not been eating out much at all.  We have went to our favorite place.  They seem to be doing ok, cause they do a lot of take out.  For restaurant food, I am often disappointed.  I order something and then taste it, and say to myself "I could have done better." 

Our town is not known for good food, unless you are talking about this ranch where they serve whole chickens.  Coyboy dinner place is well known.  We have a decent pizza place, but again, I make grea pizza.  $36 for a large pizza.  I can make it for less than 10.