no pelotons allowed in the white house

bikeman564™

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Are Alexa and Siri allowed?  Seems a bazillion folks visiting the WH over the past 10 years would definitely have iPhones or some smart Android.  Do you have to leave your phone in the security office?

I wondered that too.  I've been to a company where I needed to leave my phone in the car.

16 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Are Alexa and Siri allowed?  Seems a bazillion folks visiting the WH over the past 10 years would definitely have iPhones or some smart Android.  Do you have to leave your phone in the security office?

I remember they made Obama give up his Blackberry. Trump kept his phone. No idea about other staff. 

19 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I've been to a company where I needed to leave my phone in the car.

One of our clients required that you leave your phone at the guard shack before the parking lot.  NO cell phones on the facility grounds.  They were a meat packing/kill facility.  PETA was always trying to get pics from inside.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

One of our clients required that you leave your phone at the guard shack before the parking lot.  NO cell phones on the facility grounds.  They were a meat packing/kill facility.  PETA was always trying to get pics from inside.

for me it was a refrigeration compressor company

37 minutes ago, dennis said:

I remember they made Obama give up his Blackberry. Trump kept his phone. No idea about other staff. 

I would think security countermeasures have improved over the years.  When I worked in the classified world I had to have a special authorization to have a cell phone.  It still wasn’t allowed in a SKIF but then neither was I.  Smart phones were just becoming a thing when I was there and I’m not sure how they addressed cameras but at the time they were not allowed.  It was odd to me to see so many pagers in use but that was the easiest way to get in touch with someone as they were allowed.

I’d think they would find away around the peleton of Biden really wanted it.  

I also worked at Toyota Technical Center and they required a sticker over your phone lens and a signed NDA each time you were on site.

• Heart 1

56 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

A few higher ranking individuals get special secure phones. I've worked in classified areas where we had to leave our phones in locked boxes outside the classified areas. People going outside about once every 2 hours to look at their phones is the new smoke break.

They walk through the classified areas with a phone scanner every few days. If caught they confiscate the phone and wipe it clean before returning it. Plus there could be some personnel actions taken.