I do not like it one single bit

jsharr

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

His err is that wily veterans like us know that 't' isn't even hexadecimal.

I have trouble counting to ten in normal numbers most days.  I do not understand binary or hexadecimal or metric or anything other than good old red white and blue American numbers.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I have trouble counting to ten in normal numbers most days.  I do not understand binary or hexadecimal or metric or anything other than good old red white and blue American numbers.

Umph. Numbering systems are not patriotic. Maybe their context and units but that.... uh... anus patriotic.

15 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I don't think they do this shit in computer school anymore but when I went to CDC Cyber17 school we had to learn to do math in binary and hexadecimal.  Can you wrap your head around doing square roots in those systems.  Of course the Cyber 17 was made with transistors, not an integrated chip in sight.  32K core memory and it was the size of a car.  We pleaded with it through teletypes and punch card readers.  :lol:  It responded on tape drives and platter disks.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1