Kodiak cakes

Longjohn

I hadn't seen the ad - thanks for posting it.  Great commercial

I bought a huge box of Kodiak Cakes Slapjack and Waffle Mix at Costco - I haven't seen it elsewhere locally and it's great for diabetics due to low carbs and high fiber compared to Bisquick.

Also, thanks for the taste test!  I haven't tried it yet because I'm using up some "Keto Birch Benders" pancake mix I bought that doesn't hold together as well as regular pancake batter and doesn't taste like much - the butter and lite syrup I use makes it ok. I can't wait until I'm making Kodiak Cakes. In addition to pancakes, I may make a couple of them in some frying-pan rings I 've got and use them in place of English muffins or bread in the Hamilton Beach automatic breakfast sandwich maker I received for Christmas - it works ok and you get a whole egg with it instead of the almost-baseball-card-thin piece of egg on Jimmy Dean, etc. breakfast sandwiches.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Ewe toob

So you can skip them-good!  There have been one or two that caught my attention long enough for me to watch them in their entirety though. Sort of a different paradigm than tv. Although I have noticed that sometimes starting very recently tv commercial breaks are very short so they catch you in the kitchen or bathroom so they try to train you not to time chores for 2 minute commercial breaks. Sneaky!

The only place I've seen Kodiak Cakes is in Costco where, of course the box I bought is huge: 4.5 lbs and contains 3 24 oz. packets.

I'm guessing I can use that for everything I use Bisquick for, including dumplings for soup and the main ingredient in breading for chicken.

There was a consumer lawsuit that apparently went nowhere claiming Kodiak Cakes "allegedly contain unhealthy amounts of fat and saturated fat and high levels of sugar."

1/2 cup of Kodiak Cake vs Bisquick:

Kodiak Cakes: 2g fat (0g saturated), 30g carbs, 5g fiber, 3g sugar (2g are added sugar)

Bisquick:  4.5g fat (1.5g sat'd),  42g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 3g sugar (3g are added sugar)

2g of fat is 3% of USDA daily rec'd amount and 3g sugar is 6%. If the USA had laws like other countries where those placing frivolous lawsuits have to compensate their victims for their legal and court costs, I doubt if we'd see bullshit like this "consumer" group or the farmer who sued the ladder company because it didn't warn him not to set the ladder on soft manure as the Spring warmed, leading him to fall and break his leg.

I've been involved in the Maryland State Legislature and personally know of cases where ridiculous laws were made or preserved by lawyer-legislators who also put loopholes in them so, in their law practices, they could charge thousands of dollars to people accused through such laws and use the loopholes to get win their cases.

For me, the judge and jury is my Freestyle Libre Blood Sugar Monitor.  My blood sugar concentration does NOT spike if I eat food made from 1/2 cup or less of Bisquick and 3 oz. of less of dry pasta or egg noodles.  Those totals go up a lot if there's 4 oz. or more of fiber in the food - the reason I now add cauliflower to mac & cheese.

• Heart 1