Team JABR

Parsnip Totin Jack

Mike and I have done many MS rides together in the past. I recruited him years ago and his motivation was that his Dad had MS. In the meantime Mike has been diagnosed with MS, he is doing remarkably well managing the disease and we hope that continues. BikeMS Chesapeake Challenge will be a one day event this year so we formed a team, JABR (Just Another Beer Run) with Daniel and Rodel making up the rest of the team. Training starts soon.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Mike and I have done many MS rides together in the past. I recruited him years ago and his motivation was that his Dad had MS. In the meantime Mike has been diagnosed with MS, he is doing remarkably well managing the disease and we hope that continues. BikeMS Chesapeake Challenge will be a one day event this year so we formed a team, JABR (Just Another Beer Run) with Daniel and Rodel making up the rest of the team. Training starts soon.

Did they hold it in 2020?  Think it is the same route?  I see a Sat and a Sun set of options.  Sat has the century plus others, and Sun a couple more.  It is almost as flat as the Seagull, but looks like they somehow sneak in a little elevation towards the end :) 

image.thumb.png.08a256c8deefe69f402c86f81d7085cb.png

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Did they hold it in 2020?  Think it is the same route?  I see a Sat and a Sun set of options.  Sat has the century plus others, and Sun a couple more.  It is almost as flat as the Seagull, but looks like they somehow sneak in a little elevation towards the end :) 

image.thumb.png.08a256c8deefe69f402c86f81d7085cb.png

2020 was virtual. We raised money and rode our own routes. This year will be over in Easton on Saturday only. Flat, flat, flat. But they do get some winds off of the bay. The one year Mike, Daniel and I did it we averaged 19.6 mph over 70 miles.

4 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

2020 was virtual. We raised money and rode our own routes. This year will be over in Easton on Saturday only. Flat, flat, flat. But they do get some winds off of the bay. The one year Mike, Daniel and I did it we averaged 19.6 mph over 70 miles.

Yep.  Fastest solo century I've done was the similar terrain of the Seagull.  I think doing that with a focused group would be NUTSO fast.  Three riders is nice, but a half dozen or so might really be a blast.