What day is today?

jsharr

One of my friends found working at home for the past year so confusing that he purchased one of those clocks for the elderly that say the day of the week and whether it's ,morning or afternoon, in huge typeface.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Kirby said:

One of my friends found working at home for the past year so confusing that he purchased one of those clocks for the elderly that say the day of the week and whether it's ,morning or afternoon, in huge typeface.

I had that problem when I worked many shifts for emergency power restoration.  The days just blended together.  In one building, with no windows, you would be surprised when you left to go sleep, if the sun was out (or not).  My solution was a wristwatch that displays the day, date, and of course time for many years now.

I'm retired now... and I still have that problem...  every day is a Saturday.  Now I need my watch to remind me when Monday is here, so I know to take out the garbage.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

My mission was to clear a couple sonar targets and find the vessel.  Which I did, so I guess mission is accomplished.  No victims recovered though.  That is someone else's task.

Well, good work on getting that done. I found the news story that said it was too deep for the divers to do the recovery. Is that accurate? 

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

My mission was to clear a couple sonar targets and find the vessel.  Which I did, so I guess mission is accomplished.  No victims recovered though.  That is someone else's task.

I am assuming this is the vessel?

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/rcmp-say-fishing-vessel-that-sank-last-month-off-nova-scotia-located-in-deep-water-1.5270291

1 hour ago, Rattlecan said:

Well, good work on getting that done. I found the news story that said it was too deep for the divers to do the recovery. Is that accurate? 

Yes, that is accurate.  It is sitting in 68m of water (at low tide) with an 8m tide swing, with tidal current and about 3m of viz.  Our MOD (max operating depth) is 48m.  It is diveable for someone with the proper training and logistical footprint, but that is not in our program.  Our ROV could do recoveries from that depth, but not remove bodies from inside a structure

• Heart 1