Lousy sleep

petitepedal

I slept good except for the four times I was awakened by a frail voice asking for help to get a drink of water. I don’t know how I could even hear her, sometimes when I am in the same room I can’t hear her. Her hands don’t have enough strength to work the buttons on the bed remote so she can sit up to drink. At 3am she tried to get her own drink and spilled a full glass of ice water all over herself and the bed. I helped her get a drink and then changed her gown and her bedding. Took the wet bedding and some towels and stuff downstairs and started them in the washer. Next drink of water I went down and put them in the dryer. 

The time she tried to get her own drink I was dreaming soundly and my mind incorporated the first couple requests for help into my dream. She was at her sister’s house and was down on her hands and knees cleaning a base cabinet in the dog room. She wanted me to remove the dog hair from her scrub brush. As I reached for the scrub brush I heard her ask for help again and realized I was dreaming.

I need to see if I can get her to eat something today.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1