Now, I seem to have blown up my dropper post

Dirtyhip

I have to add this to the items that need to be rebuilt.  Damn.  My poor bike is getting it's ass whipped lately.  

:(

Pumped it up twice and it won't hold air.  The button will only drop the seat, but it will not raise up without manual yanking.  Sucks!

Maybe it is just getting old.  Mine does the same thing.

Does the sucking help more than the manual yanking?

I have to add this to the items that need to be rebuilt.  Damn.  My poor bike is getting it's ass whipped lately.  

:(

Pumped it up twice and it won't hold air.  The button will only drop the seat, but it will not raise up without manual yanking.  Sucks!

see what happens when you buy cheap components? ;)

BTW, Why Roval wheels, and why carbon fiber? Is that the only brand K can get a good deal on?

see what happens when you buy cheap components?

BTW, Why Roval wheels, and why carbon fiber? Is that the only brand K can get a good deal on?

My command post is not a cheap component.

I like the Roval.  I already have the Roval alloys and they are sweet.  Although, I have one spoke that I bent to hell.  Gotta fix that too..  Why do you ask?  

Carbon because it is light, stiff and strong.  Seriously?  Why carbon?  HAHA

I like the Roval.  I already have the Roval alloys and they are sweet.  Although, I have one spoke that I bent to hell.  Gotta fix that too..  Why do you ask?  

I am just giving you a hard time about the command post, but they are far from the most expensive dropper posts made.

I was wondering about the wheels because there are so many different ones to choose from, The dealer cost on Industry 9 wheels is about $760, and DT has some in the same ballpark. Carbon hoops are nice, but very pricey to fix if you ding one. I guess I just don't see the benefit, and the pitfall is pretty obvious,

Not bad price range for the Roval.  

Yes, spendy to replace.  I'll keep my alloys as spares.  The ones I have now are not sucky at all.   

Just spoiling myself.  Always wanted a set of carbon wheels.  

I would love to have a set of carbon wheels as well.  But I am too damn heavy, too damn slow and too damn poor to justify them.  I will have to live vicariously through you.

I seriously think that I may set a very lofty goal for weight loss and if I get below that I may reward myself with a set of tubular carbon wheels.  Used, of course.  For cross.  But that's only assuming that as I get into eating better and drop weight that I actually get more competitive at cross racing.

Sounds like me!

• Heart 1

Removed the whole assembly.  Cleaned the stanchion, and lubed the crap out of it with grease, aired it up.  Hopefully that bastard holds the air now.  It seems to be popping well into all three positions.

Gotta wake up early before my chic ride and air up the back shock, auto sag it, air the tires, clean my chain and pulleys and lube up.  ROCK THAT BITCH!