The Story of My Phone and Conference Calls

Kirby

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Normally I just use my cell phone for texting or making a few calls when I'm outside, but would use my work phone or computer for conference calls.  This makes me feel efficient. But since I've been working from home, I've used my cell phone for a lot of work calls. This makes me feel slightly less professional, but still ok.   Over the past months, I've updated my work area with a new chair, a small side desk, a new floor lamp and even a phone charging stand where I can have my phone stand upright so I can still see it while it recharges.  This makes me feel good and bad because I don't really like my home to be a workplace, but if I'm working from home, it's good to be organized.

However, often during my calls, people couldn't hear me well.  This made me confused.  I thought I had good reception and I could hear them.  So I would yell loudly at the phone which made me feel like I was doing something.  Even though it didn't really work.  Yesterday it occurred to me that the microphone is at the bottom of the phone.  So when I put it in the nifty recharging stand, I was effectively covering up the microphone and it's no wonder people couldn't hear me. .  This made me feel very silly.

The End.

That was a roller coaster full of emotions. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

Normally I just use my cell phone for texting or making a few calls when I'm outside, but would use my work phone or computer for conference calls.  This makes me feel efficient. But since I've been working from home, I've used my cell phone for a lot of work calls. This makes me feel slightly less professional, but still ok.   Over the past months, I've updated my work area with a new chair, a small side desk, a new floor lamp and even a phone charging stand where I can have my phone stand upright so I can still see it while it recharges.  This makes me feel good and bad because I don't really like my home to be a workplace, but if I'm working from home, it's good to be organized.

However, often during my calls, people couldn't hear me well.  This made me confused.  I thought I had good reception and I could hear them.  So I would yell loudly at the phone which made me feel like I was doing something.  Even though it didn't really work.  Yesterday it occurred to me that the microphone is at the bottom of the phone.  So when I put it in the nifty recharging stand, I was effectively covering up the microphone and it's no wonder people couldn't hear me. .  This made me feel very silly.

The End.

Maybe Kirby's wild sister could hire on as the IT department to set your office straight.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

This made me feel very silly.

Oh goodness, no way!

You've invented Kirby's Koping Kontrivance for Kantakerous Kustomers!

When you get difficult customer on the phone, put the phone in the charger.  You can then yell at them to your heart's content, and they will never know the difference!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1