I am excited. First vacation in years

jsharr

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

It has been a tough few years building a business to the point of making money.  Has taken a huge toll on me and it is nice to go to bed at night not worried about payroll, or payables, or whatever.  Now I am look forward to going to work, to budget meetings like we had today, where we can focus on getting more granularity to our numbers and planning for the future.  

Now the other thread makes more sense to me....   So your wife is giving you a bigger allowance...   :D

Glad things are working out for you....  

• Heart 2

8 hours ago, jsharr said:

Going to Santa Rosa Beach Florida in July with some great friends.  We have already reserved a 4 bedroom house on a coastal inlet, with boat dock and short walk to the beach.  Hope to charter a boat for a day of fishing on the ocean and will either take bikes or rent bikes there.

cd1f27aa.f10.jpg

It looks nice..  Mosquito infested but nice.

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I forgot Florida stretched so far West towards Texas. It doesn’t help that I’ve only spent time in the Sarasota or Miami/ South Florida/Keys areas. 

Have fun,  something to look forward to.

You should plan a vacation too

Congratulations.  It looks lovely and it's always nice to spend time with people we enjoy.   It's easy to let the cumulative effect of stress build up without noticing because your'e always focused on the immediate thing that needs to be done.  It's important to take some time to relax and recharge.

10 hours ago, jsharr said:

I am starting to relax after being wound way too tight since 2015. 

OH SCHNIZZLE!!! If we've been dealing with a "wound way too tight" jsharr since 2015, I am frightened (and oddly excited) about seeing the LOOSEY GOOSEY and off-the-hook jsharr in 2021!!!!

:frantics:  or   :happyanim:

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

OH SCHNIZZLE!!! If we've been dealing with a "wound way too tight" jsharr since 2015, I am frightened (and oddly excited) about seeing the LOOSEY GOOSEY and off-the-hook jsharr in 2021!!!!

:frantics:  or   :happyanim:

This is may escape.  It is tough to go to bed not knowing how you are going to meet payroll that week or tell your wife you are not sure if the company will survive.   It was touch and go for a couple of years.   Cannot imagine what my boss went through.   Retiring a bunch of debt and having money in the bank well in excess of operating needs is nice.  

I have been an asshole at work and probably at home and have amends to make.   Being wound that tight made me a person I did not like.  Scouts and this place were and still are my escapes.