Started this day off wrong

Kzoo

Just now, Longjohn said:

It hasn’t happened to me in twenty five years but when it does I hate when that happens.

Yeah, I can't remember the last time this happened.  For years I carried my wallet in my back right pocket.  If I sat in the car and the wallet wasn't there, something felt different and I instantly knew why.  That typically happened a couple times a year.  About a year ago I changed to a slimmer front pocket wallet.  I knew this day would come - lack of sensory input...

• Heart 1

31 minutes ago, Airehead said:

So you stole from petty cash-- please see my checks and balances thread

Thank you for the reference.  I'm hoping I don't get caught.

It's not really petty cash.  We don't have a petty cash account anymore.  It was just easier for me to call it that.  We use to all pay for coffee here at the office.  Us coffee drinkers would throw a buck or 2 in a jar every week and that was enough to buy coffee and an occasional office treat with the coffee money.  Several years ago the company started to pay for coffee, tea....  The coffee fund money has been sitting there in a jar for several years now.  I put an IOU in the jar and a reminder on my ToDo list to pay it back some day when I have enough brains to carry my wallet - hopefully Monday. 

When we had a petty cash account it was balanced monthly and never enough money to go to jail over.  Our books are kept by a contract bookkeeper who we give some latitude to but our CFO - a principal - balances monthly.  We pretty much know where every dollar is at all times.  At a higher level, several financial numbers are KPIs that are reported on a scorecard and verbally reviewed by our leadership team in a weekly meeting.

54 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I left for work and stopped about 25 miles down the road - typical morning stop.  Fresh brewed coffee and gasoline.  I went to get the coffee and pay for both but as I was getting out of the car I though it would be a good time to see how much cash I had with me - old school here.  I had no wallet.  It immediately became obvious that I had left my wallet on the counter at home.  Bummer - no cash, no cards...

I had fuel to easily get to work so I went to the office and raided a petty cash cache (say that quickly 33 times).  Then I out went and got coffee, fuel and a breakfast sandwich.

It's all good now and thanks for caring.

I did the same thing recently.  Left wallet and coat at home.   Was walking to my car after locking up the building after Scouts and saw three of the core guys in the Troop on a deck enjoying a beverage.  Cannot drink in Scout uniform, so I stripped down to my undershirt and joined them.  Called my son to bring me my wallet and a shirt and jacket.

Enjoyed the beers and fellowship more once I was not in my undershirt and cold and cashless.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

I left for work and stopped about 25 miles down the road - typical morning stop.  Fresh brewed coffee and gasoline.  I went to get the coffee and pay for both but as I was getting out of the car I though it would be a good time to see how much cash I had with me - old school here.  I had no wallet.  It immediately became obvious that I had left my wallet on the counter at home.  Bummer - no cash, no cards...

I had fuel to easily get to work so I went to the office and raided a petty cash cache (say that quickly 33 times).  Then I out went and got coffee, fuel and a breakfast sandwich.

Your phone doesn't have Apple pay or the similar Android function?

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Your phone doesn't have Apple pay or the similar Android function?

What part of - "old school here" don't you understand.  Do you really think WoKzoo would trust me with some new fangled electronic pay thingy.  Pffffft

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I agree, but at least I had three friends willing to spot me a beer, so there is that.

So is that 3 friends each willing to spot you a beer or is that 3 friends each willing to go way out on a limb a spot the shirtless, cold, cashless guy a 1/3rd of a beer each.  There is a difference...

Just now, Kzoo said:

So is that 3 friends each willing to spot you a beer or is that 3 friends each willing to go way out on a limb a spot the shirtless, cold, cashless guy a 1/3rd of a beer each.  There is a difference...

I am not sure.  I ended up picking up the tab, 

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

What part of - "old school here" don't you understand.  Do you really think WoKzoo would trust me with some new fangled electronic pay thingy.  Pffffft

iPhones are "old school" by now, aren't they??? Over 10 years definitely moves one out of "new fangled" territory.

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

I keep a $20 bill in page 11 of my cars owner manuals for such occasions. 

If I have a bike in the car there's usually some cash in the seat bag also.

We were driving home from vacation one year and my brother calls to see if I was coming to the annual homemade ice cream social that was going on right then. I told him where I was and that I wouldn’t be able to make it. He asked if I wanted him to get me anything. I told him to get me a tub of ice cream. He said he didn’t have room in his freezer for it. I told him we had lots of room in ours, just swing by our house on your way home. He asked how would he get in? Do we have a hidden key? I told him just go in, we don’t lock our doors. Then I told him there was cash in an overhead compartment in the Element that he could take what he needed for the ice cream. The next time I saw him he was giving me heck for going away on vacation and leaving the doors on the house and car unlocked, and why do you have over $200 cash in an unlocked car while you are on vacation? I told him I keep cash for paying for firewood and buying stuff from the Amish.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Kzoo said:

There's always a Jackson or two above the visor in the truck. Coins go in the depth-less console & bills get clipped under the garage remote.

• Heart 1