40 inch TV debate

petitepedal

Buy the TV. Check the width of the feet more than the screen size. More are going away from the mono stand to a couple smaller legs. Our 65” we bought is a little large for our current tv stand. I want to Menards and bought some prefinished shelving that was just wide enough and set it on top of our stand. It looks ok and will work until we find what we really want there. 

• Heart 2

Most TVs do not have center stands these days, and 26 inches will probably not be wide enough.  There are options however:

1.  A 4 foot wooden shelf to sit on top of the stand.  This is the inexpensive option.

2.  A separate center stand:

https://www.amazon.com/Rfiver-Universal-Adjustment-400x400mm-UT2002/dp/B06WLKBZJV/ref=asc_df_B06WLKBZJV/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198081480945&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2734385629651517376&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9029412&hvtargid=pla-351267100548&psc=1

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, jdc2000 said:

Most TVs do not have center stands these days, and 26 inches will probably not be wide enough.  There are options however:

1.  A 4 foot wooden shelf to sit on top of the stand.  This is the inexpensive option.

2.  A separate center stand:

https://www.amazon.com/Rfiver-Universal-Adjustment-400x400mm-UT2002/dp/B06WLKBZJV/ref=asc_df_B06WLKBZJV/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198081480945&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2734385629651517376&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9029412&hvtargid=pla-351267100548&psc=1

I'd check out the tv and see how wide apart its built-in stand is (some have one wide leg in the middle, some have two sets of legs spaced apart) and if it's less than 26" and will fit on your stand with a few inches to spare on each end, it should be ok if the TV is located where people aren't likely to bump the ends of it.

11 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Ditch the cart and look for a TV mount that attaches to the ceiling, and folds the TV up out of the way when you're not watching it.

THIS..if possible. In my case, there is no wall space. Don't know about ceiling as then issue of wiring...both power and cable/antenna. That opposite wall is the closet and master bath. If I did rearrange the bed where the opposite wall was the sliding glass door, then possibly the left corner where a dresser currently is.

The biggest thing with the 28" cart is the new trend for TV's to have two sets of legs and making sure not equal to or more than 28" apart to fit on the cart. No problem with a center pedestal leg.