Is It Popularity or Poor Design?

Razors Edge

...at my local Chick-fil-a that makes the drive thru back up through the parking lot and out to the main intersection?

I think it is popularity, and I never see it like that at other fast food places.  And they staff up at lunch, so it isn't a processing flow problem. 

image.thumb.png.2eb47a4324f5679b715f1174987c4a9a.png

If you have ever watched the double line of 40 or so cars attacked by about 8 people carrying computers and card readers and then watched them drive around the corner to another small crew picking up food bags at the drive through window and delivering them to cars you'd know.

They use that same drive through flow design around here too.  When you see cars backed up onto the street you realize that lunchtime there is very popular.   If you want the best time for small crowds though go on Sunday.

And by the way, the Popeye's chicken sandwich is much better and less expensive too.

Meanwhile, in South Carolina:

Mayor Will Haynie said he was notified on Jan. 22 that traffic was backed up for an hour at the COVID-19 vaccination site at Seacoast Church. He called Chick-fil-A Manager Jerry Walkowiak for help, knowing the company had a great reputation for mastering the art of drive-thru.

“I’ll have a Covid vaccine, waffle fries and a sweet tea, to go please.”

“It is my pleasure.”