Assuming Mick Comes Through For Us

Razors Edge

...and is willing to use his Powerball winnings for a Cafe get together, what are folks thinking?  A bicycle-centric event like Hawaii & Mauna Loa or France & Alpe d'Huez or Colorado & Independence Pass?

Or, are folks here too out of shape (think @Randomguy mid-February) and maybe we focus on rest and relaxation and food.  A hedonistic event like Maui for Mai Tais & a luau? Or a food & wine & cheese vacation on a canal boat through France? Or a shrimp-on-the-barbie vacay Down Under? 

IOW, assuming Mick peels off some of his winnings to sponsor our Big Party, should it be all about the bike (and fun) or more about food-food-food?

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...and is willing to use his Powerball winnings for a Cafe get together, what are folks thinking?  A bicycle-centric event like Hawaii & Mauna Loa or France & Alpe d'Huez or Colorado & Independence Pass?

Or, are folks here too out of shape (think @Randomguy mid-February) and maybe we focus on rest and relaxation and food.  A hedonistic event like Maui for Mai Tais & a luau? Or a food & wine & cheese vacation on a canal boat through France? Or a shrimp-on-the-barbie vacay Down Under? 

IOW, assuming Mick peels off some of his winnings to sponsor our Big Party, should it be all about the bike (and fun) or more about food-food-food?

I think the Sands in Singapore would be ideal.  We could bike around the F1 course......or around the island.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

My sister won, I didn't.  I would have paid for the plane flights, food, hotel, and new bicycles all-around.  She won't.  She still has the first dollar she ever earned, I think.

Of course, it wasn't the huge prize.  She bought a single Maryland Lottery Ravens scratch off ($5) last week and won $10,000 while buying Powerball and Megamillions tickets that lost.  That will pay her family's share of our Las Vegas trip we'll take after the pandemic ends.

I wish I had won.  I followed the logic of the multiple articles that present the math that shows the probability of having to split huge jackpots among multiple winners, due to exponentially huge numbers of players as the prize increases, means you are likely to win less if you win than if you win for smaller-prize Powerball or MegaMikkions lotteries.

I wish I had gone into the same store in Maryland and was just in front of the person who won!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1