What cars would you get if you won the lottery tonight?

Randomguy

14 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I would start with a new Landcruiser or somesuch, I think.  I like stuff that can drive over things.

Wrong SUV for that, my man!

6 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

my dream car from the 80s

One and only car in the "dream" category for me would be a Ferrari 288 GTO. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I would have to get several, probably, then a place to house them.  I would start with a new Landcruiser or somesuch, I think.  I like stuff that can drive over things.

A Landrover, for sure. 
And probably an RV.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Wrong SUV for that, my man!

Well, it'll drive everywhere.  I used to have one, you see.  Mine was underpowered, but they have taken care of that.  It had nice firm suspension, not mushy like most SUV's.  Plus it looked way the hell better than the globs you see now.

7 minutes ago, roadsue said:

A Landrover, for sure. 
And probably an RV.

Ooh, that reminds me, I would have to get a Sprinter conversion, too!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

My choices now would probably disappoint my younger self. I’m not wowed by supercars and muscle cars the way I used to be. I would probably buy a current Mazda CX30 and Miata. I would have someone do a proper refurbish to our current Miata. 
I would find a clean, solid Mk1 Capri and have it done as a modern interpretation of the RS Capris of the era.

An early 60s Lincoln convertible or early 70s Chrysler. Restomod it so we could do open air drives with friends. 
Maybe a Jag XF sedan for going to upscale places. 

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, groupw said:

My choices now would probably disappoint my younger self. I’m not wowed by supercars and muscle cars the way I used to be. I would probably buy a current Mazda CX30 and Miata. I would have someone do a proper refurbish to our current Miata. 
I would find a clean, solid Mk1 Capri and have it done as a modern interpretation of the RS Capris of the era.

An early 60s Lincoln convertible or early 70s Chrysler. Restomod it so we could do open air drives with friends. 
Maybe a Jag XF sedan for going to upscale places. 

Don;t you find team scooter's new Miata hardtop sexy?  I Shirley do!

15 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Well, it'll drive everywhere.  I used to have one, you see.  Mine was underpowered, but they have taken care of that.  It had nice firm suspension, not mushy like most SUV's.  Plus it looked way the hell better than the globs you see now.

👍

22 minutes ago, groupw said:

I like it a lot, but I would probably go full folding top. 

Our son has a 2015ish MX5 with the PRHT that he has installed a super charger on. Then he had kids and hasn't driven it much in three years . Its not officially for sale but,,,, if someone made him an offer he couldn't refuse.... ;)

Not his, but just like this one, same color.

nc.jpg

• Heart 1

51 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

You really have the Oliver Wendell Douglas bug. :D

The landscape supply place I worked at was bought by a rich city guy to keep himself busy in his spare time. We started calling him Oliver because he'd often deliver equipment or fertilizer while wearing a business suit. Then, when he bought an old John Deere (below) to disk the soil field, the name stuck. "Has anybody seen Oleevaah?" Yepper, he's oot in the field playing with his tractor. :rolleyes:

-1997025143_20180905_110511_resized_1129221.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, team scooter said:

Our son has a 2015ish MX5 with the PRHT that he has installed a super charger on. Then he had kids and hasn't driven it much in three years . Its not officially for sale but,,,, if someone made him an offer he couldn't refuse.... ;)

Not his, but just like this one, same color.

nc.jpg

I should have been more clear that I would want the soft top. I never got excited about the NC. Much like the 2nd gen Mazda 6 of the same time. Not that either was a bad car, but the designs just didn’t strike me as much. Well.... until that 2nd gen Mazda6 rear-ended me last weekend!

3051B0C5-DC78-461E-AF21-9E5DBA73D761.jpeg