NBC Sports network shutting down in 2022

jdc2000

The figure skating championships just completed.  NBC and NBC Sports split the broadcasts with NBC getting the most popular events, and NBC Sports getting everything else.  But they also streamed everything on Peacock which was nice because they even had streams to watch the practice sessions and they showed the entire event - every skater and no commercials.  The best part was that they had no commentators, so  nobody talked through the programs.

I expect the TdF will end up much the same, with stages on NBC on the weekend and either some stages on related cable channels, or just streamed on Peacock.

47 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Just a consolidation.  Expect most of the sports to be available on Peacock and USA.  USA will be absorbing the NASCAR portions of NBCSN.  The television landscape is evolving

Another subscription service. Add it to ESPN, CBS All Access, etc. Terrible for OTA reception, forcing you to subscribe either individually (for sports, all three as don't know which network  will carry) or some cable/online package that includes them. ESPN is perhaps the worse as ESPN Live carries everything except the games on it's sister networks - ESPN1, ESPN2 etc. To receive them on the separate app, it checks your cable subscription for authorization.

9 hours ago, Kirby said:

The figure skating championships just completed.  NBC and NBC Sports split the broadcasts with NBC getting the most popular events, and NBC Sports getting everything else.  But they also streamed everything on Peacock which was nice because they even had streams to watch the practice sessions and they showed the entire event - every skater and no commercials.  The best part was that they had no commentators, so  nobody talked through the programs.

I expect the TdF will end up much the same, with stages on NBC on the weekend and either some stages on related cable channels, or just streamed on Peacock.

But... I need Phil when I watch Le Tour!

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1