Saturday Breakfast

BuffJim

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

Still in my future. They’re diced Jalapeños from a jar. 

Turned out pretty good. I fumbled an egg and had to clean that up. Spicy Jalapeños are great in eggs, but clash with coffee and toast with Cherry Jam. But just for the first couple tastes. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Serial with strawberries and blueberries. My wife always has me buy strawberries and then I have to rush to get them eaten before they go moldy. :rolleyes:

I was going to cut up a banana for my Cheerios but that meant I would half to walk across the kitchen to turn the light on so I wouldn't cut myself with the knife.  It also meant I would have to reach over and get a knife out of the drawer.  Too much work.

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

I was going to cut up a banana for my Cheerios but that meant I would half to walk across the kitchen to turn the light on so I wouldn't cut myself with the knife.  It also meant I would have to reach over and get a knife out of the drawer.  Too much work.

Now we are back to being brothers from another mother. :D

I've finally opened the 4.5 box of Kodiac Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix and had them for breakfast Saturday.  I made too many pancakes the first time, drowned them in too much syrup and my blood sugar soared at little higher than I wanted.  For Sunday's lunch, I'll do 2/3 as much batter and 1/2 as much syrup and should be fine.

They taste really good for low-carb, high-fiber pancake stuff -  I'm going to use it like Bisquick for making dumpling, breading chicken when I oven-fry my next batch of thighs, etc.

• Heart 1