You decide

BR46

16 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

You should be happy to see a switch gear bar!

I would actually!  I wonder where the name 'Switchgear Brewing Co.' came from.

In the electrical world, 'switchgear' is a grouping of electrical equipment that looks like this, which in itself has very little to do with brewing beer:

gear.JPG.b27614bbc080cdea455d7bce07cb0504.JPG

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

In the electrical world, 'switchgear' is a grouping of electrical equipment that looks like this, which in itself has very little to do with brewing beer:

Where I used to work we had gear similar to that, I miss it.

Where I work now the gear is more like this, only dirtier

HVAC-Talk: Heating, Air & Refrigeration Discussion

11 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I'm in Elkhart Lake a few miles from Road America. A lot of the beers that are in rotation are named after different parts of the race track 

The original road course before the track was built. The original start finish line is just out the front door of this bar. 

20210123_151726.thumb.jpg.d48105653f8046dd8e1a94a2fa7766b1.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Further said:

That's awesome!  That's some of the really old electrical equipment where the back panel is almost always a piece of slate drilled to hold all the switches and fuses.  Very little of that stuff around anymore, but in some old buildings you can find such equipment still in operation.  People who work with that need to be very careful and need to truly know exactly what they're doing.

• Heart 1

39 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Much much cleaner than the steel mill.  Tesla would have felt right at home there.  A lot of the switchgear was external, sort of breadboarded on wooden subwalls.

39 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

That's awesome!  That's some of the really old electrical equipment where the back panel is almost always a piece of slate drilled to hold all the switches and fuses.  Very little of that stuff around anymore, but in some old buildings you can find such equipment still in operation.  People who work with that need to be very careful and need to truly know exactly what they're doing.

I worked in a mill that had a control room with open 250 VDC contactors mounted on slate backplates. There were 2 walls about 50 feet long covered with contactors, the roof of the room was covered with resistors for DC motor speed control. That room was spotlessly clean and very well maintained. Where I am now, not so much...

While working for a construction contractor we worked in an old high rise, 20 or 21 floors, that had fused knife switches as a service entrance. The switches and fuses were on the front of the slate and the wires in back, the wiring was supported on cable tray, about 4 feet wide, with old, cloth and rubber insulated wires piled about 3 feet deep, there were layers of cardboard between layers of wiring. It was the biggest 480 volt entrance I have ever seen, I'm sure it was grandfathered in cause it didn't even acknowledge that a code existed, let alone try to comply with it. 

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Further said:

How is the Ghost Pepper Stout ?

A local place makes a habanero  IPA that is pretty tasty.

I've never had that one. Do you want to go back and give you a review? 

Or you could come here for a race and try it yourself. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

18 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Not me, that’s Larry the cucumber saying that.

But you are the one that posted Larry the cucumber video soooooooo technically you called Wo46 a Ape 

I'm telling Wo46 that you called her a Ape. 

• Haha 1