Ordered a girl's bike instead of an FX 3

MickinMD

Step through as opposed to step over..ditch the girl/boy line....Congrats on the new bike!

As a side I once ripped into a guy who was talking about this beautiful hand built bike by some reputable builder..when he went on to bemoan the fact that it was a women's frame. I said who the F are you to judge..if she can afford the beautiful hand built bike..she deserves it...don't  complain that it would have been better as a "mens" frame...:whistle: 2 people backed the heck away from that interaction ASAP..that guy is still hesitant to converse with me...

It ain't about gender..it's about the bike that works for you!

• Heart 4

17 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Excellent choice Mickin! Did your shop show you how the handlebar stem pivots to bring the bars closer or further away based on your preference? With a 6 mm Allen wrench you can change that whenever you want. 

Yes!  I really liked that!  You can move the handlebar closer or farther away and change it's angle, too.

I know this is an entry-level bike, but a lot of things are way beyond what could do with my $300 mountain bike.

I'm going to have a lot of fun with it when it arrives Mar. 29 plus/min a week.

• Awesome 1

It turns out all my bicycle accessories were gone with my bike in the house fire.

I just spent $723 on various stuff.  Being a data nut - and also wanting a close check on my health - $414 of it was on a Garmin Edge 530 with mount, heart strap/monitor and cadence counter. I previously had an Edge 510. I love stuff like the "virtual partner" feature so I can compare my current ride time with a previous one on the same trail.

I got a rearview "Mirricycle bar end mirror" that fits Trek Bontrager Isozone handlebars - with some road bikes zooming past me one trails, I loved the mountain bike version I had previously, a small air pump, a helmet, a couple pairs of padded bike shorts, another tool bag in which to put a Topeak Alien II Multi Tool, Pedro's Tire Levers, etc.

I'll be some of what I'm spending back from State Farm, but I'm getting some better stuff than before.

• Awesome 1

17 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

They’re not referred to as women’s specific anymore. Low step is the term for anyone with limited flexibility. 

True.  My sister's one-step-above-Walmart bike is a lowstep and they called it a "unisex" bike when her husband was thinking of one.

• Heart 1

17 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Step through as opposed to step over..ditch the girl/boy line....Congrats on the new bike!

As a side I once ripped into a guy who was talking about this beautiful hand built bike by some reputable builder..when he went on to bemoan the fact that it was a women's frame. I said who the F are you to judge..if she can afford the beautiful hand built bike..she deserves it...don't  complain that it would have been better as a "mens" frame...:whistle: 2 people backed the heck away from that interaction ASAP..that guy is still hesitant to converse with me...

It ain't about gender..it's about the bike that works for you!

Damn right!  I remember when Deng took over as China's leader after Mao, moved away from strict Communism, and said about introducing some Capitalism: "I don't care if the cat is black or white, as long as it catches the mouse."

When I was in China in 2001, all the Chinese I talked to virtually worshiped the then-deceased Deng for greatly improving their standard of living.

I'm pretty much the same. I don't care what position the bike's tubes take: I want the one that works best for me!

• Heart 2