N+1, Kind of...

ChrisL

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I like the black one.

And you may struggle to get a full gruppo currently.  Is Ritchey showing the GRX Swiss Cross build as available?  If so, I'd go with that option just to be on a nice new set-up (and it makes selling the old bike easier).

Ritchey only sells the frame but “my shop” has build kit options so I’ll hit them up later & see what they can come up with but yeah that’s also part of my rational to use existing parts.

1 hour ago, dennis said:

Just curious, but why the Swiss Cross? It's a CX race bike with a high BB and steep headtube angle.

I’m currently riding a tru CX bike (actually my second one) with high BB & steep HT & I like the ride of it. The quick handling & flick ability suits my terrain & riding style.   Yes i have to provide constant input and taking off a jacket no handed ain’t gonna happen.  But I’m not doing Dirty Kanza. I’m not riding miles & miles  of gravel, not going to bike packing & don’t ride in mud so I don’t need gobs of clearance, numerous rack mounts & 3 water bottles.  

That and I think it’s cool and I have wanted another steel bike for a while now.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I’m currently riding a tru CX bike (actually my second one) with high BB & steep HT & I like the ride of it. The quick handling & flick ability suits my terrain & riding style.   Yes i have to provide constant input and taking off a jacket no handed ain’t gonna happen.  But I’m not doing Dirty Kanza. I’m not riding miles & miles  of gravel, not going to bike packing & don’t ride in mud so I don’t need gobs of clearance, numerous rack mounts & 3 water bottles.  

That and I think it’s cool and I have wanted another steel bike for a while now.

It's a beautiful bike. It's hard not like Ritchey. I've considered the road bike, but I really like my Salsa.

I rode a CX bike for almost 10 years and it was great. 

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, dennis said:

It's a beautiful bike. It's hard not like Ritchey. I've considered the road bike, but I really like my Salsa.

I rode a CX bike for almost 10 years and it was great. 

I also have a roadie with relaxed geo that I could ride if I ever did a century or longer rides.  But it hasn’t been ridden in over a year.  

Actually I have been eyeing more endurance related MTB events and have been considering some of the Leadville qualifier events.  Not so much to qualify for Leadville but I’d much rather do 100 miles off road then on the road.

14 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I also have a roadie with relaxed geo that I could ride if I ever did a century or longer rides.  But it hasn’t been ridden in over a year.  

Actually I have been eyeing more endurance related MTB events and have been considering some of the Leadville qualifier events.  Not so much to qualify for Leadville but I’d much rather do 100 miles off road then on the road.

Long mtb rides are awesome. I've done a number of 100 mile mt bike rides and races. 

We are considering a hut trip this summer. It kind of depends on where we are with covid.

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Maybe you should get an Ultra at the same time.

Best hardtail mountain bikes

best steel mountain bike

I called the shop owner and he’s going to check on the white frame for me. He said he can’t find it anywhere in the US and assuming he can find it overseas I’m looking at a 90 day wait if not longer. Sooo it might have to be black as it’s in stock. He said the frame you were drooling on last weekend is your size... (I was there with my wife pricing out wheels for her bike). Dudes funny!

He said GRX is in stock and if I choose to have them swap components from the old to the new it’ll be $200.  I’ll need a new BB and I’ll replace cables too, everything else will swap over.  

Hmmm decisions decisions...