Just had an Employee quit

goldendesign

Was understaffed before, now am really screwed until I hire someone. 

No big loss on; I planned on letting her go soon. She bitched and moaned all the time, argumentative, and lazy. Brought some crazy boyfriend/husband/babies-daddy drama all the time. 

I laughed out loud when she told me she didn't like working here because the pay isn't that good (no experience, counter help I paid 13/hr well above going rate for part time retail) and too stressful. She said she got a job as an account retention telemarketer for Bright House. That's where I laughed. Complaining about stress!

She came from NYC, Bronx, can't say I ever want to hire another New Yorker. 

Well better to get them out the door and take more on, then to have them there bitch'n, bringing drama and thinking of taking shinny stuff later! 

I am free over the summers if you need an employee that will work hard and can hustle the people walking in so you can make more money... I'm good at getting someone to buy more then they need. Granted I am more then 13/hour :)

She told me at the end of her shift today that she won't be working here no more. Fine by me except the hours.

Our store is open for 74 hours during a normal week. With one sales staff, one watchmaker, and myself. My school semester starts Monday so even accounting for class days I will have to cover at least 55 hours this coming week.

Was she hot?

Trust me you wouldn't hit it after knowing about her for a minute.

Put it this way she was mad at her boyfriend, took a vacation to NYC to see her husband (yes, really) but got in an argument with him. To get him mad at her she slept with five of his friends and came back with herpes in her eyes. She had to be in the back room with sunglasses on for a week while the antibiotics stopped her eye puss from freaking out customers. 

She even got mad when I made her do that. Crazy gurl.

Trust me you wouldn't hit it after knowing about her for a minute.

Put it this way she was mad at her boyfriend, took a vacation to NYC to see her husband (yes, really) but got in an argument with him. To get him mad at her she slept with five of his friends and came back with herpes in her eyes. She had to be in the back room with sunglasses on for a week while the antibiotics stopped her eye puss from freaking out customers. 

She even got mad when I made her do that. Crazy gurl.

It's all fun and games until you have puss in your eye.

Sounds like you're better off without her.  I'd think for $13/hr you could find someone with less drama and more common sense.  I can think of plenty of college students who would think that a reasonable wage and have the work ethic to do better than that.

She's going to hate her new job and seriously wish she'd stayed with you if she thinks working for you was stressful.

Sounds like you're better off without her.  I'd think for $13/hr you could find someone with less drama and more common sense.  I can think of plenty of college students who would think that a reasonable wage and have the work ethic to do better than that.

She's going to hate her new job and seriously wish she'd stayed with you if she thinks working for you was stressful.

She sounds like the type that will hate wherever she's at. You've dodged a bullit with her quiting.

We've been having a much larger turn around on our employees the last few years. It must have something to do with the over exaggerated growth in the economy. The angry, self proclaimed underemployed are starting to get restless and look for greener pastures. Looking for the high paying jobs that their college degrees promised them after graduation several years ago. I wish them luck, but I don't think the economy is as good as they think it is, yet. Or if it ever will be again. :dontknow:    

No kidding.

From her talking of her exploits and stories of her life, seemed indicative of the type of people she hung with.

Although the added hours will put a strain on my wife's and mine relationship, I am happy she quit. Firing her would have been problematic.

Oh, and scooter: while I have seen the same thing with 'educated', underemployed employees this case I can say it's from a lack of education.

The 'good enough degree' GED she has severely limited her logic, intellect, reasoning skill.

From her talking of her exploits and stories of her life, seemed indicative of the type of people she hung with.

Although the added hours will put a strain on my wife's and mine relationship, I am happy she quit. Firing her would have been problematic.

Oh, and scooter: while I have seen the same thing with 'educated', underemployed employees this case I can say it's from a lack of education.

The 'good enough degree' GED she has severely limited her logic, intellect, reasoning skill.

From what you've written about her, GED or standard H.S. diploma, this gal wouldn't be any better when it comes to logic, intellect nor any sort of reasoning skills.

Intellegence is genetic...lots of dumbazzez out there with degress, but are downright stupid.

I used to work with a guy...functionally illiterate....but damn, the guy was a whiz when it came to hydraulic and electrical schematics. The service manager at work took it upon himself to teach him how to read and write. Smart guy...but very little schooling.