So I am staying in a hotel by my house

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Square Wheels,

When I just went to the dentist about a week ago, they asked me all the usual questions about having been sick, having a fever, flying on a plane, etc.  

But what is to keep someone from lying?  Maybe they flew somewhere but they don't think it matters, so they just say they didn't fly.  Seems like just asking people to be honest falls a bit short of reality.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Clark said:

Seems like just asking people to be honest falls a bit short of reality.

Unless you have the capacity to test, what option do you have? But even testing everyone isn’t 100% safe. It cuts down your risk a lot, but a) the rapid tests aren’t as accurate as the PCR tests and b) neither test will reliably detect recent exposure (the reason @jsharr needs to wait to test before returning home). So, you mitigate your risks to the best of your ability using the resources you have available. But at the end of the day, we don’t have enough access to testing.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Clark said:

When I just went to the dentist about a week ago, they asked me all the usual questions about having been sick, having a fever, flying on a plane, etc.  

But what is to keep someone from lying?  Maybe they flew somewhere but they don't think it matters, so they just say they didn't fly.  Seems like just asking people to be honest falls a bit short of reality.

Some have found themselves in serious trouble for lying about their health and the infecting someone else.  I'm not sure, but in some places it's a crime and in others perhaps grounds for a stiff civil case.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Some have found themselves in serious trouble for lying about their health and the infecting someone else.  I'm not sure, but in some places it's a crime and in others perhaps grounds for a stiff civil case.

Yep.  I realize I could play the odds and stay home and go to Scouts, but I could not live with myself if I gave this to someone and it resulted in a death.

19 minutes ago, Clark said:

There's not much of an alternative to hoping for honest answers and taking the temperature via forehead besides closing everything down.  Having spent a couple weeks with gum and tooth aches, going to one dentist, then waiting 8 days for a root canal appointment, now waiting 6 total weeks to Feb. 22nd to get the permanent crown, I'm glad they're in business!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I was kicked out of work for 12 days because somehow my wife tested positive for COVID even though she never leaves the house. 
Least the 12 days is paid.. 
Whats weird is that I just got back this week from emergency leave for 25 days... 

• Sad 2

A number of years ago, I regularly stayed at a relatively nice Holiday Inn in Los Angeles while visiting the area on business several times a year.   Attractive young ladies were often seen seated in the hotel lobby.  If you made eye contact with them, they would smile and approach you.  It was certainly one way to alleviate the stress and/or boredom associated with work-related hotel life.   :)   

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Clark said:

A number of years ago, I regularly stayed at a relatively nice Holiday Inn in Los Angeles while visiting the area on business several times a year.   Attractive young ladies were often seen seated in the hotel lobby.  If you made eye contact with them, they would smile and approach you.  It was certainly one way to alleviate the stress and/or boredom associated with work-related hotel life.   :)   

That's the way it is around Naval stations, as well. I assume all military bases.