Bill Gates ALS challenge

Former member
Go to solution Solved by TrentonMakes,

I don't know what this is about, but facts never get in the way of me having an opinion.  So the deal is I either give a worthy cause money, or I dump water on my head?  That's just plain stupid.  So Bill, one of the wealthiest people on the planet, made a silly rig to dump a bucket of water on his head, the rig probably cost several hundred dollars to build, and he donated nothing?  He is just an example, I know he gives away billions, but I don't.  SO I either dump water on my head (stupid) or give money to a good cause (smart).

What is the point of this?

I don't know what this is about, but facts never get in the way of me having an opinion.  So the deal is I either give a worthy cause money, or I dump water on my head?  That's just plain stupid.  So Bill, one of the wealthiest people on the planet, made a silly rig to dump a bucket of water on his head, the rig probably cost several hundred dollars to build, and he donated nothing?  He is just an example, I know he gives away billions, but I don't.  SO I either dump water on my head (stupid) or give money to a good cause (smart).

What is the point of this?

It's a math thing.  You might not understand.

• Solution

I think it's an incredibly clever way to use social media to promote a cause - peoples' own narcissism is keeping this thing going.  Gonna see a lot more things like this.

That would be good because maybe we'll see less of "take this quiz to find out what _______________ you are".