In your most recent past life...

Square Wheels

I don't believe that, nor do I believe I simply cease to exist.

I feel like I have been many things in the past.

you don't cease to exist, you got that part right, but boy are you going to be in for a surprise

there's no such thing as "past lives"

that's bull shit hippy crap right there, wheels

Yup.  However, the mark of an enlightened mind is to entertain an idea without acting on it or believing it, so it is fun to cogitate on.  I read a book that addressed this topic that is called "Star Rover".  Jack London wrote it, and I believe it to be worth a read.  It is not about dogs or the Yukon Territory or anything, he surprised me with this one.

Plot summary[edit]

A framing story is told in the first person by Darrell Standing, a university professor serving life imprisonment in San Quentin State Prison for murder. Prison officials try to break his spirit by means of a torture device called "the jacket," a canvas jacket which can be tightly laced so as to compress the whole body, inducing angina. Standing discovers how to withstand the torture by entering a kind of trance state, in which he walks among the stars and experiences portions of past lives.

I was a cafe owner, and all kinds of people would come by.  The best part was the walls were covered in chalk boards, and people would write their thoughts then others would write their responses underneath, then it would continue at the top again if that section filled up.  Occasionally a topic would cover two whole boards. Once we had a topic that ran all the way around the room back to where it started.  Once it a while fights broke out and I had to ban people from ever coming back.

We called the place The Square Deals Cafe. It was mostly fun, but frustrating in a way.  Try as hard as I might, nobody thought I had a sense of humor. :unhappy:

• Heart 1

I was a cafe owner, and all kinds of people would come by.  The best part was the walls were covered in chalk boards, and people would write their thoughts then others would write their responses underneath, then it would continue at the top again if that section filled up.  Occasionally a topic would cover two whole boards. Once we had a topic that ran all the way around the room back to where it started.  Once it a while fights broke out and I had to ban people from ever coming back.

We called the place The Square Deals Cafe. It was mostly fun, but frustrating in a way.  Try as hard as I might, nobody thought I had a sense of humor. :unhappy:

I once ate at a place called Three Square Meals Plus. I had almost forgotten that place. The only writing on the walls was on the menu boards.