Woot woot, New Bike Day!

ChrisL

7 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Now I see why you are supposed to take your bike pictures in front of your garage door. That first pic in the bike shop it blended in with all the bikes in the background.

BTW that’s what I love about their shop. It’s just wall to wall bikes, wheels, frames & parts. No fancy displays, no clothes or accessories, just bikes & parts.   Walking around that place is tough with all of the stuff in there.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

18 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

BTW that’s what I love about their shop. It’s just wall to wall bikes, wheels, frames & parts. No fancy displays, no clothes or accessories, just bikes & parts.   Walking around that place is tough with all of the stuff in there.

My LBS has bikes hanging from the ceiling and another layer of bikes touching each other underneath them. If someone wants to see a bike they will carefully untangle the mess of bikes and bring it out for you. My bikes are never in stock because of my size but I have bought bikes for grandkids and my daughter in law and watched them dig them out. For myself I always find what I want online and stop in and have them order it for me.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My LBS has bikes hanging from the ceiling and another layer of bikes touching each other underneath them. If someone wants to see a bike they will carefully untangle the mess of bikes and bring it out for you. My bikes are never in stock because of my size but I have bought bikes for grandkids and my daughter in law and watched them dig them out. For myself I always find what I want online and stop in and have them order it for me.

What I also really like about them is they don’t force you to buy pre built bike. Pick a frame, build kit, wheels & cockpit. I was able to order most of the bike and then add on upgrades parts from my previous bike at no cost penalty. They just deducted what I already had from the build kit.  

When I bought my Anthem I wanted a different bar, fine but I payed full price for the bike plus the full price of the different bar & walked out of the shop with the bike & an extra handlebar... Not so here.

• Heart 2

46 minutes ago, groupw said:

Nice! We expect not to hear from you for a couple days as you break it in!

Work has been really busy which more than anything has impacted my posting. I have my Thursday night ride planned as it’s maiden voyage but it could be delayed due to work commitments. Hopefully I’m done in time.

• Heart 1