5 year old biking prodigy

Dirtyhip

It was a 19 mile mountainbike trail and he did it on that tiny little singlespeed.

That jump shows how well he handles the bike...at 5 years old. Lots of kids don't even ride at that age.

I agree - just giving you a hard time.  But I have to add - that was not a jump.  it was a manmade bump.

There are plenty of adults that can't hold their line on a 2 x 6.  Add to that the sketchy ass setup on those stacked 4 x 4's.  

He won't be 6 for quite a while too. Personally, I think this kid is amazing.  

That kid cracks me up.  He rides down the trail better than some adult beginners I have taken out.  Fear doesn't get the best of him, and he gets right back up after he smashes himself up.

Does my heart good to see a youngin' out riding a bike instead of sitting inside on a computer.

And what red blooded American boy hasn't built a wooden ramp?

And rode over it a 100 times until your front wheel fell off.

Sending you flying over the handlebars like superman.

Leaving a fat lip to brag about.  

Anyone?..........  

Come On! 

I can't believe I'm the only one.  :blush:

• Heart 1

My son loves to ride and wreck bikes.  Mine, his , does not matter.  He does not appreciate that he is riding a 1983 Cannondale ST300 or a 1992 Trek 8000 or a 2011 Trek 7.2FX.  To him they are just bikes and he is just having fun, until he hits the ground and the blood begins to flow.

My son loves to ride and wreck bikes.  Mine, his , does not matter.  He does not appreciate that he is riding a 1983 Cannondale ST300 or a 1992 Trek 8000 or a 2011 Trek 7.2FX.  To him they are just bikes and he is just having fun, until he hits the ground and the blood begins to flow.

Knowing how I was when I was young, my kids (to this day) aren't allowed to ride or drive anything I care for. ;)

We were never allowed to ride our parents bikes. I had one 20 inch bike that I rode and fixed throughout my childhood. It went through several rims tires chains seats forks handlebars, etc, etc, etc. However it was always the same frame. Though it was welded a few times. If I broke it, I knew I had to fix it if I wanted wheels to get around. :nod head: Now I get upset if my one of my favorite bikes get a scratch. Go figure? :scratch head:

• Heart 1