I need your help writing a kids book

AirwickWithCheese
Go to solution Solved by jsharr,

If you're going with a kite, I'd name it Ben, after Franklin, even though he is not the one who actually flew the kite. Ben devised and supervised the experiment, but he made his son run around the field in the storm trying to get the damn thing in the air. He watched from the relative comfort of a dry barn.

Not bad with Ben the kite. .......

Give me a plot.

Well, it could actually be Ben's kite that gets loose during the storm. It flies over the colonies ruled by Puritans and gets a bird's eye view of the not so pure putitans hiding in the woods doing nasty things with the indigenous people. You can expose all kinds of historical facts to the kids that are not in the history books!

Bob, Bob, Bob..........   :mellow:

You were doing so well.

Ben the kite is shelved, tabled, kapoot.

I'm thinking of some type of animal, for now let's say Charlie the Purple Carolina Wren, gets displaced and ends up in Pennsylvania where he befriends Nate. From there they become best of friends and share life together.   

Pokey, the Persnickety Porcupine.

All about Pokey who gets lost on a garbage barge and ends up in New York City. After getting mugged, he somehow makes his way to the deep woods where he is befriended by a kindly soul named Nate.

They become fast friends teaching each other about life. The story ends with Pokey leaving this world in the arms of Nate but not before Nate learns the true meaning of love and friendship.;

Not bad with Ben the kite. .......

Give me a plot.

One day Ben the Kite is flying and a strong wind blows, snaps his string and sends him off on a wondrous adventure until he lands in tree where he is slowly torn to shreds by the breeze billowing through the branches.  

Once upon a time, Chilton, the Purple Carolina Wren decided to go on an adventure.   Chilton flapped his wings and flew higher and higher.  The a big breeze came and blew him over the Atlantic Ocean.  There was no place to land.  Chilton flapped harder and faster to try to get back to land where he could be safe but the shore just seemed to drift further and further away.  Soon Chilton was too tired to continue flying but there was no place to land.  He came down on the water where he struggles to stay afloat.  He thrashed and thrashed and caught the attention of Timmy the Tiger Shark who put Chilton out of his misery in one bite.

The end.

• Heart 1

Chilton was not always purple.  When he first started dating Chastity, he was just like all the other Carolina Wrens, uppity and very white.  And Chastity, enjoying the attention of this uppity white bird, would invite him into her nest and let him have his way with her. Then Chilton made the big mistake and asked Chastity for her wing in marriage and Boy, did things change.  Chilton was henpecked to no end.  Stop staying out late Chilton.  Our nest needs work Chilton.  Take me to dinner Chilton.  Buy me imported birdseed Chilton.  And when he was not prompt in responding to the ever growing list of demands, yep, you got it, no more having his way.

At first, Chilton just got a bit angry and passive aggressive, but soon he began to get depressed and isolated and he began to turn a bit blue between his legs.  Soon, he was never leaving the nest.  He lost his job at the park crapping on the imported cars and had to give up his membership to the club.  He began to put on weight and this just drove Chastity further from him.  Now, Chilton is an angry isolted fat, purple Wren, full of anger, shame and french fries.

So remember boys and girls, playas gonna playa, haters gonna hate.

The end.

• Heart 1