Weekend plans as we roll into the first weekend of February?

petitepedal

No clue. Go for a walk.  Then come back. It's not exactly cycling hassle-free since I haven't got studs on bike tires. And elevator is not functioning until fixed...and my bike is inside suite several floors up.

It's a day off tomorrow. On my birthday last weekend it was abit humdrum too. 

Continue reading  monster thick biography of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg.  Over 400+ pg. I read a few pages daily.

School work. Paper#2 on risk communication is due Monday. 
Packing and taking boxes to storage. Probably look at some houses but I’m ready to quit, buy a van and live by the river. It will be springtime soon. 
Wo7 is driving to Warrenton, 40 miles south to look at a house at 8:30 because someone else is seeing it at 9:00. This came on the market yesterday. I expect there will be ten bids by Sunday. 

• Sad 1

Still healing after my ER excitement last weekend, but getting out. Photo club has had zoom meeting and I skipped their last outing - more because 5PM interfered with dinner typically at 6PM, as the open setting was OK. This Sunday at a local Gardens, will be meeting at 9AM. While been there many times, the dinosaur exhibit throughout the gardens returns, and while will bring my  more typical lens for the exhibits, a goal is macro photography...so will pack my little used, designed for Nikon and adapted to Sony fully manual macro lens.

Have my annual VA physical today at 9AM, so should be interesting as they review my hematoma from the bike accident in Sept, and last Sunday's vaccine reaction.

Plan on making pizza for the football game on Sunday. Fed the sourdough starter last night and made the dough this morning. Doubled in one hour. Store in the fridge until Sunday. Pizza sauce will simmer most of Saturday; using San Marzano tomatoes vs crushed. Tomato sauce always tastes better the next day.

2B52418F-1CE7-42A5-B1D4-B133F7BC40C0.jpeg

883DA569-6147-4741-8FF6-42BBEDF403E9.jpeg

• Awesome 1

4 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I got this as one of my recovery reads..but I think it will have to wait..too heavy to hold..

20210205_055557.jpg

Mine below is by a different author. Actually it ends shy of 500 pg. Then there's nearly 100 pgs. of footnotes.

I guess the author wanted to make sure she did her research about a famous Supreme Court judge.  No defamation shadow.   Hope you enjoy yours!  

41t50wVQU1L._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

My son & I have been doing a Super Bowl spread since he was little and we will do so again. Except he’s working during game time so I’m firing up the grill early so he can take some satay to work.   Sister and her wife are coming over to watch the game.  We  used to get together often & they have joined us for SB fun for years.  We haven’t been getting together during Covid  but they are both WFH and are hermits so we are probably more at risk of infecting them as they are of infecting us.   

I ended up working late yesterday so had to skip the night ride so Ill get the Ritchey out on its maiden voyage Sat.  

• Awesome 1

Church Elders get together tonight.

helping at a ski race then skiing tomorrow. Followed by either burgers and beer or pizza and beer. Either way, there will be beer. 

Church and a ski Sunday. Maybe watch some of the Superbowl.

• Heart 1

On 2/5/2021 at 6:37 AM, Tizeye said:

Have my annual VA physical today at 9AM, so should be interesting as they review my hematoma from the bike accident in Sept, and last Sunday's vaccine reaction.

I hope they come up with a solution to that hematoma. I can’t believe they haven’t dealt with it before four months. I would be going for second, third, fourth opinions. Let us know what they came up with. Praying for a solution for you.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I hope they come up with a solution to that hematoma. I can’t believe they haven’t dealt with it before four months. I would be going for second, third, fourth opinions. Let us know what they came up with. Praying for a solution for you.

Talked to the doctor at the VA and feel a little better as confirmed not an emergency surgery, 100% elective...plus 2 week vaccine effectiveness is next Wednesday. Plus also confirmed that NOT inserting scope and cut/vacuum out like meniscus repair but full length incision. Also, what I already knew, the ortho clinic going to is one of the best in State/Region. The good news is that it appears to be receding some now - still pronounced, but not as much pressure and was able last Saturday to do a 2.5 mile hike without an ACE wrap giving support. Perhaps now turning the corner and biggest risk would be calcification which if developed, would have to be surgically removed at some point.

Saw the Cardiologist the day prior who changed my medications (and wife had concerns about interactions), plus moved forward my August scheduled Echo and Stress tests to this month with a one month follow-up. VA doctor reviewed the medication change and assured me (as did an e-message reply from the Cardiologist) that my understanding of what was added and dropped was correct and no interaction issues (i.e. wife wrong...but now reassured). Given my hypertensive history being treated/monitored for with annual review, she wasn't surprised that the vaccine could have triggered the hypertensive event where went to ER.

• Awesome 1