I have a sad :(

KrAzY

While out shooting tonight, the arrow mechanical arrow rest snapped into two parts. The first part went flying somewhere, and the second part was a rogue projectile that slammed again my forearm, and went whizzing past my ear. 

Now my bow is out of commission until I can muster up another $100 to get a new arrow drop :(

AWWC will be happy that Bambi season opens in a few days and I will not be out at the start of it this year :(

Hell...they mock when you are looking. Especially these suburban deer and geese. Just daring you to harvest. GO ahead shoot me, they say. (It's in their eyes) and watch all the housewives rise up in anger over the idea of honest meat.

Little do they know, these wives, there is no such thing as a burger or tuna tree.

Hopefully you have a Plan B to deal with the zombies coming to your neighborhood.

9mm, machete(s), Ax from when I was with the fire Dept, 12 gauge, and two kids long bows.

Other then that I have good fortification for the house 

Shoot off the shelf! ;-)

Sorry to hear it.

The shelf sits 1.5 inches lower then where the nock clicks into my D loop.

Which rest were you using?

Trophy Ridge makes a quick release arrow rest.  It is kind of a new design compared to the two finger arrow drop you see on a lot of bows. 

revolution-2_0.png

Here is a video of how the rest works... kind of cool in slow motion

While out shooting tonight, the arrow mechanical arrow rest snapped into two parts. The first part went flying somewhere, and the second part was a rogue projectile that slammed again my forearm, and went whizzing past my ear. 

Now my bow is out of commission until I can muster up another $100 to get a new arrow drop :(

AWWC will be happy that Bambi season opens in a few days and I will not be out at the start of it this year :(

A lot to be said for shooting traditional.... :whistle:

I shoot a longbow and wood arrows.  Not a lot of mechanical crap to go wrong there.

Second nock. Easy enough. ;-)

I'll check out the video.

The problem with having a second nock location is the vanes will hit the shelf and who knows where they will end up. 

If I was using feathers instead of Blazer vanes I would not have an issue... I was even looking at changing everything on my arrows over to shoot using fobs. 

Z.... I just got an email from Trophy Ridge... They are sending me out a whole new rest and also another replacement part incase it happen again. :)

Now I have to wait to shoot till it gets here :(

Hopefully it gets there and you can whack some cute bunnies before you have to eat your minstrels.  

• Heart 1

The problem with having a second nock location is the vanes will hit the shelf and who knows where they will end up. 
If I was using feathers instead of Blazer vanes I would not have an issue... I was even looking at changing everything on my arrows over to shoot using fobs.

You know, I'm not using feathers and I am shooting off the shelf. Once sighted it, they fly true everytime. Seriously.

The shelf sits 1.5 inches lower then where the nock clicks into my D loop.

Trophy Ridge makes a quick release arrow rest.  It is kind of a new design compared to the two finger arrow drop you see on a lot of bows. 

revolution-2_0.png

Here is a video of how the rest works... kind of cool in slow motion

It is cool in slow mo!!!