Our bid is in

Parsnip Totin Jack

that is a lovely home--- wishing you best of luck in the bid process---- so crazy to me since I live in upstate NY where real estate is resonable but taxes will kill you.

I love the porch but you will want a more comfortable chair for watching birds and bears and stuff.  IS the wisteria growing across the front?

• Heart 1

33 minutes ago, Airehead said:

that is a lovely home--- wishing you best of luck in the bid process---- so crazy to me since I live in upstate NY where real estate is resonable but taxes will kill you.

I love the porch but you will want a more comfortable chair for watching birds and bears and stuff.  IS the wisteria growing across the front?

I have no idea about wisteria on the front; would be nice. Wo7 went to see it Friday. I haven’t seen it but I trust her judgment. Two acres. Taxes are $3,300/year. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

3 beds 3 baths 1,800 sq feet

So for you and wifey, right? No doubt, you are excited.

You are both highly active....to look after a house that size starting at this point in your lives.  Meanwhile dearie and I have lived in 780 sq ft. condos in each city for several decades. Probably claustrophobic for you, but for us just right.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, smudge said:

I think I missed something. Was there a different one you had been working on?

Yes, the property with the koi pond and waterfall. 1,900 square foot split level on 1 1/2 acres. Two car garage with an air compressor and copper air lines to the front and rear of the garage (an auto mechanics dream) We placed an offer, there were counter offers on the payment of closing costs. We reached an agreement but before the seller signed our offer, another offer was received that was accepted over ours. Our lease is up March 31st but the landlord agreed to let us out Feb 28st as we thought we'd have a deal by then. He will let us stay into March if we will let his crew in to paint and prepare for selling. There is some stress here.

• Hugs 4

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

So who gets the space over the garage. SONo.7 could have a man cave, or you could, but WO No.7 probably has already already claimed it for her quilting.

The bonus room over the garage is only accessible through one of the bedrooms. So7 wants that room. The room over the garage is where his bed and dresser will go. The bedroom will be his mancave with tv, gaming systems, etc. Wo7 has chondramalatia (arthur-itis) in both knees and can't climb stairs. She gets the MBR on level one. I get the other bedroom because I snore like a freight train.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/6/2021 at 4:42 PM, Old No. 7 said:

And So7. We have been in 3,700 sq feet homes before so this is downsizing for us. Wo7 also has a 10’ longarm quilt machine that needs 12’ of room. 

2DF136F8-0443-4EA7-8D5C-1B87FE247640.jpeg

Have you ever given serious thought to murdering your wife and depositing all her belongings on LAJ's doorstep?

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I am sorry.  This roller coaster must be very stressful.

It is. Three adults each looking for what they want in a house. The “must have” list is long: a bedroom on the main floor, a garage, and a “reasonable” commute. Wo7 is now looking at houses that I don’t want; poor locations, too much upkeep, etc. I’m leaning to finding another rental and waiting a few years until retirement. 

• Awesome 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

There were 14 bids on the house, one was well above asking price of $475k and had no contingencies.

I think the trend is showing that you know where your budget lines are, you can judge what a property is worth, and your rational approach is protecting you from emotionally leaping into a house you don't want and/or can't afford.

I know real estate agents that also flip houses.  Perhaps another way to look for a house is to ask an agent to find you a 'flip' house, and that you'll sign a contract to buy the house and contract for the improvements.  It might be attractive to the agent because then he's not buying the flip on speculation; he's got a hard contract in hand when he goes in to buy the flip.  Your advantage is you've got a house locked in when the construction is done - no bidding wars to lose.

7 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I think the trend is showing that you know where your budget lines are, you can judge what a property is worth, and your rational approach is protecting you from emotionally leaping into a house you don't want and/or can't afford.

I know real estate agents that also flip houses.  Perhaps another way to look for a house is to ask an agent to find you a 'flip' house, and that you'll sign a contract to buy the house and contract for the improvements.  It might be attractive to the agent because then he's not buying the flip on speculation; he's got a hard contract in hand when he goes in to buy the flip.  Your advantage is you've got a house locked in when the construction is done - no bidding wars to lose.

🤔