Garfield by Jim Davis for Mon, 08 Feb 2021

Comic Bot

2 hours ago, groupw said:

I like the early Garfield stuff. I even bought a couple books of the early strips. I will still laugh at those. You can see when Jim Davis got comfortable and less involved. 

I was wondering if he was even still writing the strips or just handed it off to some cookie cutter studio?  It seems as he became less and less like the "John" character, it became less and less funny.  At this point, the humans in the strip are just awful.  Garfield is still pretty much the only interesting bit since poor Odie is one dimensional and rarely if ever interesting. 

FTR, we had a stuffed Garfield with suction cups on his feet that you attached to the car window - in the mid-80s.  And if I did, I might find one or two of the comic books - those weird 1/3 size books.

Something like this:

image.png.4a52246c79869b0a1555f019c32dea95.png

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I was wondering if he was even still writing the strips or just handed it off to some cookie cutter studio?  It seems as he became less and less like the "John" character, it became less and less funny.  At this point, the humans in the strip are just awful.  Garfield is still pretty much the only interesting bit since poor Odie is one dimensional and rarely if ever interesting. 

FTR, we had a stuffed Garfield with suction cups on his feet that you attached to the car window - in the mid-80s.  And if I did, I might find one or two of the comic books - those weird 1/3 size books.

Something like this:

image.png.4a52246c79869b0a1555f019c32dea95.png

I still want one of those.