Shortness of breath

BuffJim

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Snow shoveling is hard work.  Or at least I have heard it is.  How would I know?  I am from Texas! 

It's hard work, but if you slow down and pace yourself, it can be an excellent cardio exercise.  Just don't overdo it.  Unless you have a bad back.  Then avoid it at all costs.  

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Snow shoveling is hard work.  Or at least I have heard it is.  How would I know?  I am from Texas! 

I have heard reports that heart attacks increase in the days following the first big snow fall as people are out shoveling when it hits.

Can any of our northerners confirm?

Hope you get better soon Jim!

• Heart 2

I got a text from my pharmacy that I have a prescription ready. It’s 44 cents, and starts with PRE. So I’m guessing the Doctor called in a course of Prednisone. We’ve used it in the past with some success. I also keep a prescription of Azithromyacin on hand in case it feels infected. 

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

10 hours ago, BuffJim said:

I got a text from my pharmacy that I have a prescription ready. It’s 44 cents, and starts with PRE. So I’m guessing the Doctor called in a course of Prednisone. We’ve used it in the past with some success. I also keep a prescription of Azithromyacin on hand in case it feels infected. 

Ok, I’m confused. Did they make you get a Covid test because they had a concern that you had Covid? Or to clear you to come to the office?  I thought it was the later. Oh well, I’m hoping your feeling better by the time you read this.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Ok, I’m confused. Did they make you get a Covid test because they had a concern that you had Covid? Or to clear you to come to the office?  I thought it was the later. Oh well, I’m hoping your feeling better by the time you read this.

I feel better this morning than I did Sunday and yesterday . Took Theraflu, which helped me sleep. Gonna start the course  of Prednisone today. If I don’t get worse, I’ll probably just keep my regular appointment in a few weeks. 

• Heart 3

18 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I have heard reports that heart attacks increase in the days following the first big snow fall as people are out shoveling when it hits.

Can any of our northerners confirm?

Hope you get better soon Jim!

Shoveling heart attacks are common this time of year in snow country.

Glad you're feeling better and glad  you have a doctor that can get you the medicine you need promptly.  But I'm glad you also are getting checked out and don't assume there might not be other factors at play.

• Heart 2