Have ewe received yore $600 stimulus check yet?

Mr. Silly

Wife received hers, but I have to file taxes to claim mine. While is understandable that sent checks rather than electronic as we didn't have a refund for them to have bank info on file, it is really weird since we filed taxes jointly and the mail one only to her.

I better file my 2020 taxes in a week or so, enabling them to update information before the next check...and they will have direct deposit info.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Tizeye said:

Wife received hers, but I have to file taxes to claim mine. While is understandable that sent checks rather than electronic as we didn't have a refund for them to have bank info on file, it is really weird since we filed taxes jointly and the mail one only to her.

That's really strange because for a joint filing they should have sent you twice as much.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

That's really strange because for a joint filing they should have sent you twice as much.

On the first check, they sent two checks, and I believe they were made out individually. Keeping it individual is probably for their accounting benefit. I don't care if they send one or two checks...just send them.

The last thing I would want are the plastic debit cards which would limit my options. Saturday I receive two $250 VISA debit card from AT&T "Bring your own" transfer from T-Mobile with the cards expiring 7/21. Was going to use it as a VISA card upon return to T-Mobile paying off excess from new phones i planned to get, but they have iPhone 12 for $0 with trade, new line (terrible for existing customers and reason went to ATT, better deal coming back) and 24 monthly credits covering cost. So now I have $500. Some places can use, but others can be a problem. Looks like I will take them to Walgreens and buy some Amazon (or other gift) cards as planning a large purchase. Don't know if purchasing gift cards at Walgreens adds to their Rewards Balance, not critical, but a sweet bonus - otherwise any store that sells gift cards. March 11th will be 90 days and will be considered a "new customer" at T-Mobile.

• Awesome 1

When I got the $1200 check there were long lines at the Maryland Food Bank and I donated it there.

When I got the $600, I estimated my root canal plus permanent crown would cost a combined $2100, about $600 above my $1500 dental insurance max. It's going there.

If I get another $1400, I'm going to hold on to it until I learn how much of my own money I'll have to plow into the extras I want on my to-be-rebuilt house.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Tizeye said:

On the first check, they sent two checks, and I believe they were made out individually. Keeping it individual is probably for their accounting benefit. I don't care if they send one or two checks...just send them.

The last thing I would want are the plastic debit cards which would limit my options. Saturday I receive two $250 VISA debit card from AT&T "Bring your own" transfer from T-Mobile with the cards expiring 7/21. Was going to use it as a VISA card upon return to T-Mobile paying off excess from new phones i planned to get, but they have iPhone 12 for $0 with trade, new line (terrible for existing customers and reason went to ATT, better deal coming back) and 24 monthly credits covering cost. So now I have $500. Some places can use, but others can be a problem. Looks like I will take them to Walgreens and buy some Amazon (or other gift) cards as planning a large purchase. Don't know if purchasing gift cards at Walgreens adds to their Rewards Balance, not critical, but a sweet bonus - otherwise any store that sells gift cards. March 11th will be 90 days and will be considered a "new customer" at T-Mobile.

That almost sounds like some of the money saving games Dr. Mickin plays. I can’t keep all those concepts straight in my head so I don’t play. For a very short time I did save S&H green stamps.

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

If I get another $1400, I'm going to hold on to it until I learn how much of my own money I'll have to plow into the extras I want on my to-be-rebuilt house.

Are you confident that they are actually going to re-build your house before the insurance quits paying your rent? I have never seen such foot dragging. You need to get DH to pay a visit and show you how to motivate contractors.

We had an Amish neighbor two farms up the road that had a nice two story house burn to the ground on a Monday. On Tuesday the community came together and cleared all the rubble. On Friday my neighbor moved back into their brand new two story farmhouse. I expected it to be a bit rough being it was built in an emergency. They invited me in and the house was beautiful. Hardwood floors throughout and beautiful woodwork everywhere.

• Heart 2

30 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

when's check three coming?

Just a heads up that it might not be too late for you to have a couple kiddos!  Not only do they get the stimulus $$$, there's talk of giving every kid $4k a year through adulthood.  That's a lot of $$$ if you can have enough of them!  And they're tax deductions on TOP of all that! 

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Just a heads up that it might not be too late for you to have a couple kiddos!  Not only do they get the stimulus $$$, there's talk of giving every kid $4k a year through adulthood.  That's a lot of $$$ if you can have enough of them!  And they're tax deductions on TOP of all that! 

Check with Don.  I bet he could "find" a few kids, sort of like he finds iPhones.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

That almost sounds like some of the money saving games Dr. Mickin plays. I can’t keep all those concepts straight in my head so I don’t play. For a very short time I did save S&H green stamps.

It is very simple. I start with the premise - I am not, and my money is not second class. When marketing department label their existing customers as 2nd class, giving the "new customers scavenged from competitors" first class...that throws down a challenge to me. How can I work within their system to receive 1st class treatment. The it is just a matter of piecing together the puzzle.

EXISTING CUSTOMER: Upgrade two phones, pay 100% of cost, $1600, or add 2 lines in addition to the 2 existing lines (4 total)  for two years (approx $800 for the lines) and they will buy 2 iPhones for you with billing credits covering it over 2 years.

Now contrast with NEW CUSTOMER (90 day gap if returning)- The two lines are created/add with account setup and no reason to add two more. Since wife original SE wasn't on the trade-in list, initially looked at a different offer, BOGO, selling my 6s on ebay and the transfer to ATT $500 to cover the majority of the 'buy one.'  Then it dawned on me the other special - free iPhone 12 with trade-in ($450 for my 6s) and billing credits to cover the remainder. Since wife's SE doesn't have a trade value (and about $15 on Gazelle), realized could buy a used 6s for around $100 on ebay for the $450 credit. Will also get a large portion of that back if I sell the SE on ebay. That is how you rid yourself of the 2nd class customer stigma.

Bring Your OWN transfer to wait out the 90 days...

ATT - $250 each, apply after 45 days (marked on calendar as "meeting")  Also marked the 90 days. Paid by VISA debit which can be used to pay the T-Mobile (or ATT bill) to pay down the balance on phone.  As it turns out, this now becomes a bonus as none would be used on the new phones, where it would if went the BOGO route.

Verizon - Actually much more generous but no lump sum and paid in bill credits over 24 months, stopping if leaving. Also, their phone plans were more expensive so ruled them out.

T-Mobile (returning) - "up to $450" but weird quirk. Based on the outstanding balance shown on 3 months statements (not a quick flip - so buy and have to wait). ATT was worse with unlock, requiring paying off phone with other $$ then the "up to $450" reimbursing you indirectly since debit cards can't be directly deposited in a checking or savings account. Verizon didn't require the payoff to unlock and transfer. Going this route with weird money offset accounting to pay myself back just wasn't worth it.

Also, excellent timing. The only reason I stick with T-Mobile is their excellent overseas "free" coverage, and with COVID restrictions, they won't let tourist in Switzerland or other European countries...and have no idea how they handle changing planes in other countries. Also, I had Mobile One that has been upgraded to the current Mgenta. Both include free Netflix, but when Netflix increased rates a couple years ago, the increase wasn't covered...and presume likewise with the rate increase this month. I had a $1.99 surcharge on the bill to cover the increase. Magenta covers 100%, including this month's increase.

Just takes a little research and peicing the puzzle together to beat marketing at their own game! Now a 1st class customer.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

We got ours last week.  It went to suspension work on the Dakota. Almost the same story at @BR46’s pickup. In my case, the budget wasn’t there to get a newer one and you’re not going to get much of a pickup for $1500. Besides, that generation of Dakotas are one of the nicest looking pickups made. Got it back and it’s driving better than it has in years!