Beautiful music Tuesday

Dirtyhip

I don't know who Justin Timberlake is.  I was talking about the great James Taylor.  KT gives me crap whenever I post one of his fantastic videos.  West coasters have no taste in music.

ah.  That would have been my first guess as to the identity of "JT" but I was thrown off.

IMHO it's still no contest tho'.  S&G are among the very best ever.

• Heart 1

ah.  That would have been my first guess as to the identity of "JT" but I was thrown off.

IMHO it's still no contest tho'.  S&G are among the very best ever.

Hey, I'm not knocking S&G, I like them a lot.  It makes me cry when he teases me about liking JT.  We both spent time at the same looney bin, though not at the same time. 

• Heart 1

Hey, I'm not knocking S&G, I like them a lot.  It makes me cry when he teases me about liking JT.  We both spent time at the same looney bin, though not at the same time. 

You're talking, but this is all I'm hearing.  

baby-crying-o.gif

And leave our looney bin days out of this. ;)

Recorded versions of live music are often terrible.  I've been to a couple dozen concerts and they have all been fantastic.

Yup. Like what i was saying. 

Live is good, but only if you are there to experience the energy. The sound quality isn't very good. Recorded versions you don't get the energy or the sound quality.

Yup. Like what i was saying. 

Live is good, but only if you are there to experience the energy. The sound quality isn't very good. Recorded versions you don't get the energy or the sound quality.

I type really slow, hunt and peck.  We wrote the same thing at the same time.  What does that mean?

I think my favorite was Eric Clapton.  He played with Derek Trucks and Doyle Bramhall.  Those boys can play.  Eric was really cool and let them do most of the show.

+1

Live is good if you are there seeing it live, but sound quality is nearly always better on a studio album version.

you miss a lot of artists input on the recorded albums....those are polished to perfection by studio engineers and made to meet the needs of the executives and marketers for an album that will sell.

you miss a lot of artists input on the recorded albums....those are polished to perfection by studio engineers and made to meet the needs of the executives and marketers for an album that will sell.

Occasionally true. There are tradeoffs on either side.

I type really slow, hunt and peck.  We wrote the same thing at the same time.  What does that mean?

I think my favorite was Eric Clapton.  He played with Derek Trucks and Doyle Bramhall.  Those boys can play.  Eric was really cool and let them do most of the show.

It means we are different personalities of the same person. 

I'm the funny personality. You're the slow square one.