I think the Texan is correct

dinneR

2 minutes ago, dennis said:

I'm reading the CIA's New Book of Soups.

How about we leave the assassination of foreign leaders, covert coup planning, and other stuff like that to the CIA, and the chili recipes we leave to the experts who ALL agree that beans are key to great chili.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

How about we leave the assassination of foreign leaders, covert coup planning, and other stuff like that to the CIA, and the chili recipes we leave to the experts who ALL agree that beans are key to great chili.

“When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.”

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, dennis said:

“When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.”

NOMINATED!!!!!!!  @Kzoo can you present the awards and start the hoopla machine?

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

it is when you add beans

Ain't that the truth.  Most of my soups - including my lentil chili one - have beans of some sort.  Often onion as well, but after that, it can be all sorts of stuff from carrots, celery, potatoes, etc. tossed in! 

Soups rock!

6 hours ago, dennis said:

No beans in chili.

I'm reading the CIA's New Book of Soups. There is a recipe for A Really Big Chili. There are no beans in this chili.

image.jpeg.9202f592f33dd469bf9d2e8b68a4d1d0.jpeg

Thank you, but I think I'll pass.

Not that I'm suspicious of a cookbook written by a secretive government agency that contains a recipe promoting chili with no beans with alien crop circle type symbols drawn on the top besides...

• Awesome 1