Little League World Series Coach Perfectly Explains Why It's OK To Lose

kingtermite

our boys play Nevada tomorrow night with the winner going to the US championship (semi final round)

we beat Tennessee and Texas already

Your team is great this year. I watched their first game. That #1 spot batter was freakin' amazing!

Up 4 times and he hit 3 homers and a triple!!  That's one of the best batting performances I've EVER seen at the LLWS in a game.

Our boys usually make it to the 2nd round, but not this year. We're already out.

That is a great coach delivering a great message, at least in that one instance.

If you watch LLWS much, this is pretty common among the coaches there. For as long as I've been watching (at least 10 years) they have mics on coaches so anytime they give team talk or pep talk, you hear them. It's always positive like this. I've only once heard a coach talk that wasn't completely positive, and even then I would say it was neutral, but not mean or belittling or anything you would fear it to be.

It really bothered me one year to see a team sort of showboating and mouthing off to other team and having it explained as a cultural thing.  

I remember that.  What a horrible display it was.  Cultural, my ass.  They were smart ass kids who acted like thugs and wanted to show up the other teams.

Williamsport is only about an  hour from here. One of the things that's cool about the LLWS is it really is a world series... like the whole world

The team we have this year is out of the Philly area, but a few years ago a little town in the coal region had a team go deep in the tourney and when they played, the ENTIRE town emptied out and was in the stands in Williamsport :D

Williamsport is only about an  hour from here. One of the things that's cool about the LLWS is it really is a world series... like the whole world

The team we have this year is out of the Philly area, but a few years ago a little town in the coal region had a team go deep in the tourney and when they played, the ENTIRE town emptied out and was in the stands in Williamsport :D

I keep saying that one of these years I'm going to plan a vacation to go to the LLWS in Williamsport. I'm totally going to do this one day.