Everybody staying warm and cozy?

sheep_herder

Just back in and checked the weather, and found that at 2:00am MST it was -27F with a wind chill of -47F. Luckily I let a ewe that was looking for a place to nest, inside the barn. She had twins, so we are alternating them between the house and the barn to keep them vigorous and warm.

• Hugs 1

It was somewhere around 15 this morning when I started my truck.  Forecast was "cold and dry overnight with nearing zero percent chance of precip overnight".  It snowed hard on my the whole way in to work.  Looks like late next week until we climb out of the 20's.  I guess winter finally decided to show up.  

21 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Used to be @Prophet Zacharia would be in Hawaii about this time of year.  COVID is nutso!

I go in December as I don’t get my airline rewards confirmed in time each year to make February travel for free a sure thing. But if I have to pay for flights in the future, last week of January/first week of February seems perfect to me! Hawaiian Airlines is starting Tampa to Hi direct that seems WAY better than flying to Cali and making a connection.

-17 on the drive to work this morning. We might see a high above 0 today. Yesterday, my car said it was -6 all day long. I thought it was stuck, but it was close enough to all bank and other temperature postings when I drove by them. 

Tomorrow the forecasted high is -3 and lows around -22 tonight and tomorrow. Supposed to see 20 by Thursday and 30 next weekend. 

• Heart 1

Brrr, I’m still waiting on my firewood lady to bring me another load. I think someone talked her into bringing them my load I was supposed to get on Tuesday. They call her crying that they are completely out and there goes my load. I have been burning dry as dust wood from the shed that I was trying to save to mix with the green wood that she brings. The house goes up to 90° and then when it cools down to the seventies I put more wood on. Between the cold temps outside and the very dry thin firewood the temp cycles often.

• Heart 1

Currently -9F, and last night was warm with a low of -14F. Glad they missed the forecasted -27F. Now we'll see if the forecast low of -30F materializes tonight. Hope they miss again. Yes I can definitely tell the differences between -15F and -30F. Hope everyone stays warm.

• Hugs 1

On 2/11/2021 at 10:07 PM, sheep_herder said:

Noticed it was -21F with a wind chill of -38F as I was finishing chores. I am more sore than cold. Layers and insulated overalls and coats improve my comfort level. Wore a little different balaclava, with only an opening for my eyes and no glasses that helped protect my face.

I admire your tolerance of the cold.  My northern Maine born-and-raised BiL is similarly mentally adjusted.

When I was in grad school in Chemistry at IIT in Chicago, Sherwin Williams offered me a job there in polymer development after I graduated.  I turned it down because of the cold winters there.

If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I was probably born along the Equator in my last life.

On 2/11/2021 at 10:19 PM, Kirby said:

Relative heat wave here!  Supposed to be upper 20's tomorrow and in the teens tonight.

You may miss the snow if the weather heads are correct. 

On 2/12/2021 at 3:07 AM, Longjohn said:

My cat is staying warm. He has no interest in going back outside. I wonder if cats ears ever get frostbite?

Yes, they could. Poor kitty.