So I found out my DIY faucet covers work.

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Randomguy,

Bought some paint mixing cups, a bale of insulation and a roll or duct tape.  Filled the cups full of insulation and then covered the top with saran wrap and duct taped it in place.   Then I cut an X in the wrap and placed the cup over the faucet, using a piece of coat hanger as a hook around the faucet and out a hole in the bottom of the cup to hold it in place.  Seemed to work fine.

Was sitting in the den just now watching rugby and I heard running water.  Went to the back yard to see the faucet running.  It must have been frozen but on when I put on the cup and with sun on the wall the faucet thawed out and was running.  Pulled off the cover, turned off the faucet and all is good.

Need to refill the cup with dry insulation and reinstall now.

• Heart 1

• Solution
2 hours ago, jsharr said:

Bought some paint mixing cups, a bale of insulation and a roll or duct tape.  Filled the cups full of insulation and then covered the top with saran wrap and duct taped it in place.   Then I cut an X in the wrap and placed the cup over the faucet, using a piece of coat hanger as a hook around the faucet and out a hole in the bottom of the cup to hold it in place.  Seemed to work fine.

Was sitting in the den just now watching rugby and I heard running water.  Went to the back yard to see the faucet running.  It must have been frozen but on when I put on the cup and with sun on the wall the faucet thawed out and was running.  Pulled off the cover, turned off the faucet and all is good.

Need to refill the cup with dry insulation and reinstall now.

These are good, and you can use them on different-sized faucets:

image.jpeg.937ad995972dfa18e7de15495e486c9f.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1