SWC Sunshine Committee strikes again

Longjohn

1 hour ago, smudge said:

Good for Oreo!

But is everything straightened out with the call?

Yes, she had just had her catheter replaced on Friday and it must have been defective or over inflated with saline. The balloon that holds it in place popped and the catheter came out. They replaced everything and she is doing fine.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 2

20 hours ago, Kirby said:

Glad everything worked out with the call, and glad that Oreo is feeling more relaxed.

Thanks, I can’t believe how quickly Oreo became a house cat. No issues at all with the litter box and he roams around the house like he owns the place. Today I put on some nitrile gloves and cleaned his ears and put antibiotic ointment on them. He not only let me do it but he purred the whole time. I think as they heal up they get itchy and my fingers don’t scratch the scabs off his ears like his claws would. He has a ways to go before they are completely healed but they don’t hurt anymore.

His ears are looking good today. It will probably take awhile for the fur to grow back on his ears.

3ED2BCB5-1354-48C5-ADDB-941306286A75.jpeg.c280884ccfaa697a5dd956213d02b686.jpeg

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 2

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

It might never grow back. 

It might not. If I hadn’t brought him in when I did I don’t think he would have made it. He seems very appreciative of me and has behaved like a perfect gentleman. He hasn’t got up on any furniture or countertops or anything. When I get up to fix the fire in the middle of the night he will be laying on the steps or in front of the door guarding the house for us. He is our watch cat. He sees me coming and moves over to give me room to get past him. Our last cat would lay on the step and give us the evil eye as if to say step over me and you better not step on my tail.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I've taken in two feral cats and they both immediately knew how to use the litterbox. Cats are naturally clean, and smart!!

That litter from the sunshine committee works real well. I use a slotted scoop to remove the clumps and dispose of them in the furnace. I haven’t noticed any smell from the litter that is left in the box yet. I suppose I should read the box and see how often I need to change it. Or just wait until I smell that it needs changed. The other cats we had in the house were inside/outside cats and would meow at the door when they needed to go. Our litter box was just for emergencies if we were not home and they couldn’t wait. They only used it maybe once a month.