Do you know your blood type?

bikeman564™

I've known since childhood that my parents and -fortunately for my mother- my siblings and I are all O pos.

We are "universal donors."

When blood typing became common in CA during the depression, a doctor at a hospital noted that about 10% of babies blood types could not have come from the alleged father.  Ever since then, I've never paid much attention to claims of "sexual revolutions," etc.  Cheaters have probably been around since the 2nd female ape-man baby was born human.

On the other hand, a study of Jewish descendants of an ancient priestly class (Cohenim) show that something like 94% of their Y chromosomes trace back to a single male.  Their wives were either extremely faithful or were threatened with extreme punishment!

I thought type O was what caused people to be poor at typing?

Abter reading the linked article I think I better get some gorilla glue and glue a mask to my face. If I was playing bingo with risk factors I’d be the winner.

1. I am type A-

2. I am 71 years old

3. I have lymphocytic leukemia

4. I have heard disease 

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 2

34 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I thought type O was what caused people to be poor at typing?

Abter reading the linked article I think I better get some gorilla glue and glue a mask to my face. If I was playing bingo with risk factors I’d be the winner.

1. I am type A-

2. I am 71 years old

3. I have lymphocytic leukemia

4. I have heard disease 

I've heard that's a quiet disease that sort of sneaks up on you.

• Heart 1

Just now, JerrySTL said:

I found a pair of my dog tags recently. Says I'm Catholic.

My kids have mine.  I got another set when I got recalled so each got a set.  Good thing I only had two kids!

I don’t know why they wanted those so badly... They don’t have anything else of mine other than my tags?

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Bummer for you.

Years ago when I was in the USAF, I was told to report to the base hospital. When I got there I was ordered to give blood as someone needed AB-. I told them to check my medical records as I'd had Hepatitis A about 12 years beforehand.

Evidently due to recent changes, I'll soon be able to donate blood even with Hep A and living in England during the Mad Cow disease scare.

• Heart 1