I am ready to see these guys again

Further

10 hours ago, groupw said:

I heard a bird calling this morning. Not a Robin, but still good to hear ANY bird in the morning!

I hear the chickadees all the time. They are the only birds other than the chickens and hummingbirds that understand that I am not going to hurt them, that I am the one that feeds them.

When my feeder is empty I hear the chickadees asking me to refill it. They stay on a rose of Sharon bush right next to the feeder and watch me fill it. All the other birds see me coming and fly away. I hear them say “Here comes that guy that feeds us, run for your life”

I like hearing the red belly woodpecker when he lands on the suet block. He announces his arrival or maybe he is telling the stupid little brown birds to bug off, this is my suet block. Didn’t you see the picture on the package

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

6 hours ago, smudge said:

I heard a Cardinal when I was walking in to work yesterday morning. Kinda early, but....

You're a good bit further north, but at least around here, cardinals stay all winter. 

c11.jpg

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Robins had one or two nests in the tree I had cut down and one under the eaves of a porch that's been knocked down.

They're going to be mad this Spring!

It doesn’t take robins any time at all to build a new nest. Every year they build a nest over my outside light on the garage. I take it down and the next day they build a new one. It takes about four times before they take the hint and build their nests in the trees where they belong.