Have an appointment tomorrow

SuzieQ

If you ever talk directly to the Indian consulate, make sure you say "Thank you very much for that information!" at the beginning of every sentence.

It seems every time I've ever talked to over the phone to a person who was in India they used that 'greeting' each time they spoke.

:dontknow:  Maybe it's cultural thing I just don't understand yet.

If you ever talk directly to the Indian consulate, make sure you say "Thank you very much for that information!" at the beginning of every sentence.

It seems every time I've ever talked to over the phone to a person who was in India they used that 'greeting' each time they spoke.

Indians don't like to disappoint and are generally overly polite.  I think that is why they do the whole head nodding thing.  It's neither a nod or a shake, so they are not agreeing or disagreeing  :)

What a palava, but I eventually got to submit the visa application (after having to redo it all) and handed it in along with my passport :o   hoping my passport comes back to me with a visa attached!!

Not everyone.

Myself and former co-workers still use the phrase our (absolutely horrible) backup systems tech support from India used via chat as a farewell and inside joke:

"Have a pleasant time ahead!"

So what happened?

Read post above :)   and before all that, my son drove me to Brooklyn where he had to see a client and then directed me to the subway station and told me what stop to get off of.  Well I got mixed up and got off too soon and got a little lost.  The city makes me stupid :scratch head:

Read post above :)   and before all that, my son drove me to Brooklyn where he had to see a client and then directed me to the subway station and told me what stop to get off of.  Well I got mixed up and got off too soon and got a little lost.  The city makes me stupid :scratch head:

Why, why do you not let me know when you are coming to town?

Why, why do you not let me know when you are coming to town?

I was on son's work schedule.  Once my appointment was done I was on the train back to Brooklyn, then to a meeting with him, then home.  No time, I didn't even get to eat lunch  :(