I’m missing the party

Longjohn

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

And gained so many other memories.  Those boys sure do look sassy. 

Those boys are a hoot. When this ordeal is over I plan on hanging out in Ohio for awhile to catch up. I think the boys got a full dose of my son’s musical ability. They sing all the time and drums and guitar are their favorite things. When they visit I love talking with them. They are sharp and never forget anything. I was telling how much I missed them and that I haven’t made it out to your house at all last year. Caedmon says “Yes you did, the day you brought the tractor”. I did bring them a zero turn mower the first of summer. I unloaded it and left but he remembered.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

The birthday buddies and their dad came over to see us after church today. They told us all about their party. They hung out in the living room where Nana’s bed is for quite awhile and we talked about the new house and about their sisters. Then they asked if they could go downstairs and play the drums. Caedmon really loves the drums. After the drums they asked their dad if they could use the hot tub. He said ok and I never saw two little boys strip down naked so fast. Their dad said “Go get your suits” and they headed off to the shelf in the bathroom where I keep them. Ben And I got in with them. I was in one corner and Ben was in the opposite corner. The boys were in the deep part in the middle practicing diving for stuff on the bottom and seeing how long they could hold their breath under water.

They have already had issues with the washer and drier and the dishwasher at the new house. They had all new stuff at the house they sold. Well the washer was too small so they already bought a new one. The drier wouldn’t heat. I told him the contacts on the igniter might just need cleaned. He said that’s what the repairman did and got it working for $80. The repairman checked the dishwasher and ordered a new part. Altogether they are happy with the new house. The upstairs is colder than downstairs where the thermostat is. I told him how to adjust the heat. He said he is going to wait and see what kind of gas bill they get. If it is already high they will probably just live with the cooler upstairs. It is a much larger house but he has never heated with gas before. I told him he might have a pleasant surprise.

• Heart 1

On 2/20/2021 at 4:55 PM, Longjohn said:

Those boys are a hoot. When this ordeal is over I plan on hanging out in Ohio for awhile to catch up. I think the boys got a full dose of my son’s musical ability. They sing all the time and drums and guitar are their favorite things. When they visit I love talking with them. They are sharp and never forget anything. I was telling how much I missed them and that I haven’t made it out to your house at all last year. Caedmon says “Yes you did, the day you brought the tractor”. I did bring them a zero turn mower the first of summer. I unloaded it and left but he remembered.

Enjoy their childhood while you can - after the pandemic - they grow up and don't need us old folks as much by their later teens.

My youngest nephew will be 13 on June 4, the older one 21 on Dec. 28.  At 21, we're hoping to go to Las Vegas but that may be delayed a year, depending on the pandemic.

The older one works four 10 hour days/wk so we should get some days when we can do things we haven't been able to do for a year and revisit some places.

Before you know it, these trips will be consigned to memories only:

Maryland Science Center:

2114728750_Adambedofnailslying575w.jpg.47be6add818c6376d8002ad14999dac3.jpg

Smithsonian:

20190815_125257.jpg.9e9c65c955a19ea75307f4df5970b99f.jpg

Ripley's Odditorium:

1421368308_RyanAdamMick.jpg.69857a61163f97eb2beff991610e573d.jpg

National Zoo:

IMG_20150819_123830.thumb.jpg.439bf635500b8b1f4041f3da3201ab5f.jpg  

Gettysburg - 20th Maine's Position on Little Round Top:

830885586_Ryan20thMaine1.jpg.4e6ff8a0bb65aab7a7f61ef576becd5b.jpg

Mick and Adam Tornado 350w.jpg