Does this look like an owl?

Square Wheels

54 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I have paddled my canoe on that lake...

I was there as a young un back in the day.  Gravel roads all the way up with no fence.  I remember swimming in the hot pools.  At that age I was most impressed by the trains and tracks down below with all the avalanche and snow sheds.  Early Santa Fe warbonnet engines.

• Heart 1

41 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Did you know that there were people down the shore that were paying 25cents a pop to watch you canoe?

Funny story, the day we paddled there we had to park some distance from the lake, so I simply unloaded and threw the 17' canoe over my head and walked up through the parking lot, around the tour buses and down the trail 100' to a good put in spot.  When I got to the waters edge, I put the canoe down and realized there were 8 or 9 people off of a tour bus following me taking pictures/videos.  My wife came up and she was roaring laughing saying I looked like a mother duck and her ducklings going across the parking lot

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

The great Canadian author Pierre Burton once wrote you are not a true Canadian until you know how to make love in a canoe.  

And for the record..., I didnt know those binocular things were there  :whistle:

And every Texan knows that the correct way to make love in a canoe is to turn it over onshore....

• Haha 1