I've been shot

maddmaxx

12 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I get shot a second time tomorrow.   Congrats.  Numbers in Texas are on the decline big time.  Also read that by July we will have enough vaccine for everyone!  We may slow this beast down yet.

You're set on raining on my grumpy old man mode aren't you.  Now 4 weeks till the second shot and then 2 more for full effectiveness.  Thanks Moderna.

12 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

You're set on raining on my grumpy old man mode aren't you.  Now 4 weeks till the second shot and then 2 more for full effectiveness.  Thanks Moderna.

And in the mean time it is 80%+ effective which is much greater than any flu shot you have had in the past.

18 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

4 weeks.  I got the Pfizer and waited 20 days.  Have also hear that they are showing 94% effectiveness with just one shot!  Anyway, love seeing the downward slope of all the graphs

25 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

My wife got a notice from the state system last night and made an appointment for today. I feel left out. I do have an appointment for one on March 7, 60 miles away. 

My original CT appointment made as soon as possible was for March 4 30 miles away.  Last week womaxx was contacted by the senior center in town and yesterday's clinic appointment was made available to both of us.  Took this one and canceled the state appointment.  Our second vaccination shot is in 4 weeks (moderna) same place and time slot as the original.  These small clinics are popping up all over as the Moderna vaccine becomes available with it's less stringent refrigeration requirements.  It was very professional from door to door......check in......medical information desk.......vaccination station.......waiting room......done.  CT has moved into the 65 and up age range and is sticking to the recommended phase in for different groups.  The best part of this clinic was the less than 3 miles from my house distance.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

moderna

I’ve heard of more flu-like symptoms with the second Monderna shot than with the Pfizer. Mild, and not that anyone is complaining too much about. But it will be interesting to see if that trend continues.

@jsharr and others, did you have any side effects to the second Pfizer shot? I didn’t, even less arm soreness with shot 2 than 1.

I feel like today is going to be a blah day.  No serious side effects but all the places that I sometimes hurt are feeling sort of punk today.  Both shoulders, my neck and my lower back are all giving signs of mild complaint.  1 advil for this morning should do it.  Both of us had mild headaches, more of a fuzzy head than real pain yesterday.  I'd still much rather feel sort of punk for a day than catch covid.  I actually felt worse after the flu and pneumonia shot earlier this year.

3 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I’ve heard of more flu-like symptoms with the second Monderna shot than with the Pfizer. Mild, and not that anyone is complaining too much about. But it will be interesting to see if that trend continues.

@jsharr and others, did you have any side effects to the second Pfizer shot? I didn’t, even less arm soreness with shot 2 than 1.

I get my shot at 6:30ish tonight, so tomorrow will know more.  Right now the second shot is not bothering me at all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clark said:

I'm surprised that so many here have already gotten the vaccine.  I am older than most of you, but it is all crickets for me.  :(

I registered in all the counties around me and then was lucky enough to get on the list of people they called if someone no showed and they had extra vaccine.  Once you get the first shot, the second shot is scheduled at the same time.  Call you doc and see if he or she knows of any big vaccination centers with a call list for people who can show up on short notice.

For me, they called and asked if I could be there in 15 minutes or some such and I was there.   

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I registered in all the counties around me and then was lucky enough to get on the list of people they called if someone no showed and they had extra vaccine.  Once you get the first shot, the second shot is scheduled at the same time.  Call you doc and see if he or she knows of any big vaccination centers with a call list for people who can show up on short notice.

For me, they called and asked if I could be there in 15 minutes or some such and I was there.   

I have to admit, I was wondering how you got yours.  I would assume you aren't in 1B?

I'm okay to wait, but talking to others here in Virginia, it seems that some people might be getting shots ahead of others via some sort of personal or professional association.  My son's in-laws got their shots as soon as they became eligible, for some reason.  Of course, they come from an old political family in the state, but I'm sure that played no part.  :rolleyes: 

41 minutes ago, Clark said:

I have to admit, I was wondering how you got yours.  I would assume you aren't in 1B?

I'm okay to wait, but talking to others here in Virginia, it seems that some people might be getting shots ahead of others via some sort of personal or professional association.  My son's in-laws got their shots as soon as they became eligible, for some reason.  Of course, they come from an old political family in the state, but I'm sure that played no part.  :rolleyes: 

And that's the way it is in some places.

CT's governor just changed the rules yesterday.  He said that all the specials and all the exemptions were simply fucking up the system.  We are back on strict age distribution with the exception of the school staffs who start their own distribution system on next monday.  We are one of the nations leaders in shots in arms per capita and he still considered it too slow.  Now, some folks are pissed.  Grocery store workers are upset that they don't have special status.  A cancer survivor was on television last night complaining that she deserves the shot much more than some 55 year old who is perfectly healthy.  Womaxx and I looked at each other and asked if we knew anyone 55 and up who was perfectly healthy?  Womaxx by the way is a two time colon cancer survivor who waited till her age group came up.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

CT's governor just changed the rules yesterday. 

Are prisoners and staff considered priority? That seems to be the biggest argument, are they a protected congregant group living arrangement deserving of early vaccination, or deemed less important than their non-incarcerated peers of the same age? From a public health perspective, I think you have to vaccinate. Especially since 1/3 of correctional officers offered vaccine have refused it.

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Are prisoners and staff considered priority? That seems to be the biggest argument, are they a protected congregant group living arrangement deserving of early vaccination, or deemed less important than their non-incarcerated peers of the same age? From a public health perspective, I think you have to vaccinate. Especially since 1/3 of correctional officers offered vaccine have refused it.

All the exceptions and specials were slowing down the vaccinations.  We're back to age groups now.  Simple is sometimes best.  The age groups appear to be dropping by 10 every 3 weeks all the way down to 18 year olds.

9 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

All the exceptions and specials were slowing down the vaccinations.  We're back to age groups now.  Simple is sometimes best.  The age groups appear to be dropping by 10 every 3 weeks all the way down to 18 year olds.

I like this idea.  All the exceptions and crap just muddy up the process.  Besides, who really knows which individual is at the most risk?  Sometimes old people get it and do fine and sometimes younger people get it and die.  

This morning, to my great surprise, I found out about and got scheduled for the 1st Moderna dose tomorrow morning (Wed. 2/24) and the 2nd dose on 3/24, both at Walgreens.  45 minutes later, the large number of vaccinations Walgreen's put up on its website for Maryland were all booked.

• Heart 1

On 2/23/2021 at 5:11 AM, Prophet Zacharia said:

So far, side effects minimal.  Arm seems to be less sore than before, but lifting things hurts a little.  Have a bit of a head ache this AM, but no fever, chills, etc.  Slept okay last night.

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

So far, side effects minimal.  Arm seems to be less sore than before, but lifting things hurts a little.  Have a bit of a head ache this AM, but no fever, chills, etc.  Slept okay last night.

My wife isn’t feeling that great today after Pfizer dose 2. Arm sore, head ache, some general malaise. She took her dad out to the doctor and for lunch but hopes to go back to bed this afternoon.

• Hugs 1

19 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

My wife isn’t feeling that great today after Pfizer dose 2. Arm sore, head ache, some general malaise. She took her dad out to the doctor and for lunch but hopes to go back to bed this afternoon.

Feeling a bit off my game, but not too bad.  Head ache persisting but I have not taken anything for it.  

• Heart 1