I scored (cooking-related)

Randomguy

A year or so ago, I found a small Le Creuset baking dish at TJ Maxx for $17, it seemed a great deal and I loved it.  However, a crack had formed and got bigger every time I used it, and it recently got to the point where I was concerned that it was going to break in the oven and clean up would be a disaster. 

I was just going to toss it because I didn't have the receipt, but then decided to call the company on the 1% chance they would warranty it.  I talked with a wonderful person there, and she said she'd like to warranty it after I sent in pics of the crackage, but they didn't have the dish exactly and the nearest replacement was unavailable in the color I had.  After talking more with her, I told her that I would trust her judgement and that anything she would pick would be great (we got along really well).

Anyway, I got the shipment today, and this was what she sent:  https://www.lecreuset.com/rectangular-casserole/PG1148S.html

It is a 3 1/2 quart baking dish with a nice lid, and it is way bigger than the broken dish.  What can I cook in it (other than lasagna)?  I really have no idea what it might be great for yet, but I figure one of you cooking champions would have some ideas.

What should I bake in it?

Rectangular Casserole image number 0

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

What should I bake in it?

Here are a couple ham recipes (chicken, ground beef, sausage, etc. could easily be subbed) for a 1 1/2 quart baking dish I've been meaning to try where I'll probably double the size.  That would work in the great baking dish you got!

Potato-Ham Bake

Potato-Ham Bake

Ingredients

• 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, sliced
  • 1 8 ounce tub light cream cheese spread with chive and onion
  • ¾ cup milk
  • ¼ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon, crushed
  • 8 ounces cooked boneless ham, cut in bite-sized slices
  • 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, cut in 2 to 3-inch pieces
  • Tarragon sprigs (optional)

Cheddar-broccoli Pasta Bake

Cheddar-broccoli Pasta Bake

Ingredients

• 1 package knorr pasta sides - cheddar broccoli
  • 2 cups broccoli florets
  • 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (about 4 oz)
  • 2 cups cooked ham
  • 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs

• Heart 2

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It is too big for that.   This is big for one or two person dishes. I have to figure this out...

Most things you bake in a baking dish are better the second, third, and fourth day. Owl bet you could put away a whole bunch of baked beans. Then tell your daughter to pull your finger.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Most things you bake in a baking dish are better the second, third, and fourth day. Owl bet you could put away a whole bunch of baked beans. Then tell your daughter to pull your finger.

Yeah, but in the smaller one I had baked beans for 4 meals.  Plus, this woman I am seeing bought me one the same size as the broken one, just before I found out that I was going to get a warranty replacement.