Steelers running backs busted

Former member

The Steelers’ top two running backs were arrested together today.

Le’Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount, Pittsburgh’s first- and second-string running backs, were in a car together and stopped by Ross Township Police this afternoon. Detective Brian Kohlhepp of the Ross Police Department tells PFT that a motorcycle officer smelled marijuana smoke coming from the car and pulled it over. Police found a baggy containing about 20 grams of marijuana in the car.

yea, it was a tough night for Pennsylvania sports last night. After we lost to Nevada 8-1 at the LLWS, I caught this on the 11 oclock news

those two are like a tandem package, too. they basically split the rushing yards last year between them. So when the league kicks them out for however many games they get suspended, I'm not even sure who we have on the depth chart to play running back.

Nate, you should have the Pittsburg Transit Authority send some buses over to Missouri to pick up some protestors.  Send them to the NFL offices to protest this.  Obviously the guys are innocent and the officer acutally exhaled the dope smoke into their car.

yea, it was a tough night for Pennsylvania sports last night. After we lost to Nevada 8-1 at the LLWS, I caught this on the 11 oclock news

those two are like a tandem package, too. they basically split the rushing yards last year between them.

LeGarette Blount is new to the Steelers this year. Last year he played for the Patriots, but he wanted a big contract so they didn't even make an offer.

I love that this happened to the Steelers, but it's time for the NFL to change the rules. Bell should get suspended for driving under the influence, but Blount should get nothing(or just a fine).

Blount should at least get some cheetos and a pepsi.

• Heart 2

I love that this happened to the Steelers, but it's time for the NFL to change the rules. Bell should get suspended for driving under the influence, but Blount should get nothing(or just a fine).

I don't care who they are.  We are a nation of laws and they are not above the law.  They should be punished like the criminals they are.  The NFL can do whatever they want once they are done with the judicial process.

I don't care who they are.  We are a nation of laws and they are not above the law.  They should be punished like the criminals they are.  The NFL can do whatever they want once they are done with the judicial process.

Unless they play for your team...

The problem here is that many pro athletes, esp. the elite ones, do feel above the law.  Since they were kids, many have been treated differently because they could help a school or ogranization win.  When they go pro and are showered in money, they can pay to fix their problems, so after a while they think they are above the law.  At least that is my take on it.

• Heart 1

I don't care who they are. We are a nation of laws and they are not above the law. They should be punished like the criminals they are. The NFL can do whatever they want once they are done with the judicial process.

I'm only speaking about the NFL punishment.

Marijuana is legal in 2 states with NFL teams, yet the players in those states can't use it like every other adult in those states. It's not a PED, so it shouldn't be a banned substance.

I think the punishment for less than an ounce is a big fine and community service for your first offense, but I've never been busted, so I  don't know

I do remember when I lived in Dallas that this sort of thing happened a lot in the 90s. Since if you lawyer up and spend money, this sort of offense doesn't send you to the slammer, the real punishment is the NFL suspension for the substance abuse policy

They lose their pay for the games they are suspended

I think the punishment for less than an ounce is a big fine and community service for your first offense, but I've never been busted, so I don't know

I do remember when I lived in Dallas that this sort of thing happened a lot in the 90s. Since if you lawyer up and spend money, this sort of offense doesn't send you to the slammer, the real punishment is the NFL suspension for the substance abuse policy

They lose their pay for the games they are suspended

possession penalties depend on the state. Most states are easing up on possession under an ounce, but in some it's a felony for any amount.

If either of them miss more than a game or two, I'd be surprised.

yep, tonight we play a team from Chicago, and then if we win, we have to play Nevada again on Saturday afternoon

of course tonight at the same time as the LLWS game we have the Steelers and the Beagles on CBS, so I'll be flipping around

yep, tonight we play a team from Chicago, and then if we win, we have to play Nevada again on Saturday afternoon

of course tonight at the same time as the LLWS game we have the Steelers and the Beagles on CBS, so I'll be flipping around

Good lucks.

I like both Penn. and Chicago teams. I can't take sides there.

If they go on, though, I'll root for them over West. :)

that was a really good game last night. Las Vegas made a huge play in right field in the 1st that saved a couple runs, we threw a runner out at the plate with a throw from right field, the defense on both sides was really good for any level of baseball

but in the 6th, Nevada broke through

If we do get to play them again, I think our pitchers will have a better read on their hitters. But they are a really strong team

I really enjoyed watching the Las Vegas team trounce the team from Philly, but later in the game it sucked seeing them come undone questioning the plate umpire.

Agreed. We've had this discussion before...you know how I feel about questioning the officials. An occasional time where you really believe it was the wrong call is one thing, but when it happens over and over that shows lack of respect for the official, IMO.

that was a really good game last night. Las Vegas made a huge play in right field in the 1st that saved a couple runs, we threw a runner out at the plate with a throw from right field, the defense on both sides was really good for any level of baseball

but in the 6th, Nevada broke through

If we do get to play them again, I think our pitchers will have a better read on their hitters. But they are a really strong team

The West is nearly always a strong team. They make it as the final team in the championship game about 90% of the time.

I'm surprised there haven't been more teams from NV in the LLWS. Baseball is a big deal in Southern Nevada, with kids playing it year-round.

Same with CA. So Cal seems to have a HUGE baseball program. They make the West division nearly every year. I was quite surprised to see they didn't make it this year.

Same with SE. Warner-Robbins GA makes it for SW about 75% of the time (with FL making it the other 25%). Warner Robbins didn't appear to even make the regional this year. I was shocked. Tennessee made it for SW...I don't remember the last time (if ever) I saw them make it for SE.